Sheraton Waterside, Norfolk

millercat

Hi, Just looking for info on this hotel. They have a cruise/parking package that is quite reasonable. Last time we sailed out of Norfolk we stayed at the Raddison but I have heard that this area is not the safest to leave your car and that the hotel has gone down hill. We stayed there in 2006 and it was fine. Any info would be appreciated.

TIA

Laine

The Sheraton is very nice. The parking for the hotel is in a parking garage on the waterfront that is connected to the office tower. I'm assuming that is where you would leave your car. The garage has security and your car should be reasonably safe. The Sheraton is also in a great location and has a covered walkway to Waterside. The cruise terminal is just on the other side of Towne Point Park.

Great location!

The Raddison was a Holiday Inn many moons ago. The only down fall is that is across the street from a housing project.

The great thing about The Sheraton---Omni to us old timers, is you can walk next door to waterside and have dinner or take the ferry over to Portsmouth and visit there as well, High street in particular.

McArthur center mall is a few blocks away and you can also walk there. Plenty of options to kill time.

On cruise day you can just walk right over to the ship with no worry about riding a bus and such.

Enjoy your stay in Norfolk and your cruise.

I went ahead and booked the Sheraton with their cruise and park package. It was quite reasonable and since I am sure I will over pack they will take us to the port and pick us up!

Thanks again,

Laine

Archived