Someone tell us about 2.0

primetimegirl

Thanks for letting us know...I saw P. of America in dry dock here at Pearl Harbor. I knew they were doing some upgrades to the interior too but didn't know NCL had designated it 2.0

• Administrators
Thanks for letting us know...I saw P. of America in dry dock here at Pearl Harbor. I knew they were doing some upgrades to the interior too but didn't know NCL had designated it 2.0

Here's a link for more information -- Pride of America is one of the first ships in the fleet to get the full implementation of 2.0. http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=F2

I'll be curious to find out how it's going over the next few cruises, too!

NCL's latest Latitudes magazine has dedicated several pages to this 2.0 upgrade they are doing fleet wide (starts on page 4.)

http://www.ncllatitudesmagazine.com/NCL_Latitudes_Spring08/flash/index.html

In-room custom fruit basket and mini bar stocked with your preferred munchies and pop? Is that actually included in the cruisefare for balconies, or is that a surcharge?

In-room custom fruit basket and mini bar stocked with your preferred munchies and pop? Is that actually included in the cruisefare for balconies, or is that a surcharge?

The fruit basket is included. The munchies might be. Pop and other beverages are not included in your cruise fare and have individual charges (not a flat surcharge for the whole bunch of them).

beachchick

Here's a link for more information -- Pride of America is one of the first ships in the fleet to get the full implementation of 2.0. http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=F2

I'll be curious to find out how it's going over the next few cruises, too!

Thanks for link! I just checked it out and am so gald they are upgrading the bedding as there have been posts on here about how uncomfortable the beds are.

"Go Ahead, Make My Bed - Stay in your comfort zone with upgraded linens, pillows, mattresses and memory foam mattress toppers in every stateroom. "

if the 2.0 upgrades were completed while the ship was in drydock. The two reviews I have read did not know, one had never sailed on NCL, the other, it had been several years. Can anyone tell us what has been upgraded? One poster said the ship did not really look refurbished.

Care for a little something to go with that balcony? fs_arrow.gifThe little something extras that now come with every balcony stateroom, suite,

penthouse and villa. We stayed balcony deck 10

We'll Take You There - We'll show you to your quarters and make sure you get settled and have everything you need upon embarkation. Nope, we actually ended up showing our greeter the room, as she got lost. Actually pretty funny, and we all had a laugh.

Don't Travel In-Cognito - The key cards for our best accommodations are color coded so that you get the recognition you deserve throughout the ship. Not sure, our card was green and we didn't notice any better or less attention.

Picky, Picky - Pick out your favorite fruits from our customized fruit basket menu and we'll design a beautiful basket that will arrive in your stateroom and will be replenished throughout your cruise. Choice of a per person banana, apple, pear or orange. Didn't arrive until mid week even though we filled out card first night. Not a big deal though. We got plenty of fruit from buffet, for meals and also packed some for day trips.

Let's Snuggle - Snuggle into one of the NCL insignia bathrobes hanging in your balcony stateroom and just relax or snuggle up with the one you love.That's the one thing I requested several times and never got. Room steward said he thought it was suits only. It would have come in very handy for early morning balcony sittings watching the sun rise.

The Table is Yours - One call does it all. Guests in our balcony staterooms, suites and villas can call up to 48 hours in advance and reserve the restaurant, the time and even the table you desire. All other staterooms can call 24 hours in advance. Reservations never an issue for us. The only time we called was for 6:30 seating in Lazy J, about 90 min before. There was no problem.

Ask Away - Receive priority access 24 hours a day to the reception desk for cruise-related questions about ports, entertainment, activities, NCL's Shore Excursions or whatever. We found reception desk always available, and rarely busy. It was well staffed most of the time.

Just Like Grandma Used To Make - The final night of your cruise fresh-baked cookies will be delivered right to your door - whatta sweet ending. Something else we didn't get, but again no biggie. There were always cookies in the buffet.

We found the ship clean, but in some instances it looked like some things were overlooked. I did mentioin in my review about our balcony railing sanded but not varnished and the tables and chairs in the lanai appeared very weathered, which left them looking old and worn.

This was also the first sailing for many staff on the America, so maybe that was the upgrade? They still did a great job.

thanks Southpaw - they shouldn't promise things if they can't deliver but I won't let it affect my holiday there only small touches and you shouldn't let it affect your whole holiday as long as they clean my room I'll be happy.

I agree .. if promised they need to deliver. NCL better be careful here ... and get it together very soon. Freestyle 2.0 could quickly turn into a big negative and blow up in their faces. With the internet the word gets around very quickly these days. Its simple NCL ... to stay in business you must meet or exceed your customers expectations. Your new promotion ... to upgrade Freestyle to 2.0 ... raised those expectations and people are now waiting for the results! dpw

thanks Southpaw - they shouldn't promise things if they can't deliver but I won't let it affect my holiday there only small touches and you shouldn't let it affect your whole holiday as long as they clean my room I'll be happy.

The 2.0 was something promised AFTER we initially booked our trip, so we just looked at it as a bonus, but not getting it as I said didn't affect our trip. Our ONLY issue was housekeeping, which was cleared up when we got a new room steward. We're pretty laid back and don't sweat the small stuff. Go and have a great time. There is so much to enjoy.

Care for a little something to go with that balcony? fs_arrow.gifThe little something extras that now come with every balcony stateroom, suite,

penthouse and villa. We stayed balcony deck 10

We'll Take You There - We'll show you to your quarters and make sure you get settled and have everything you need upon embarkation. Nope, we actually ended up showing our greeter the room, as she got lost. Actually pretty funny, and we all had a laugh.

Don't Travel In-Cognito - The key cards for our best accommodations are color coded so that you get the recognition you deserve throughout the ship. Not sure, our card was green and we didn't notice any better or less attention.

Picky, Picky - Pick out your favorite fruits from our customized fruit basket menu and we'll design a beautiful basket that will arrive in your stateroom and will be replenished throughout your cruise. Choice of a per person banana, apple, pear or orange. Didn't arrive until mid week even though we filled out card first night. Not a big deal though. We got plenty of fruit from buffet, for meals and also packed some for day trips.

Let's Snuggle - Snuggle into one of the NCL insignia bathrobes hanging in your balcony stateroom and just relax or snuggle up with the one you love.That's the one thing I requested several times and never got. Room steward said he thought it was suits only. It would have come in very handy for early morning balcony sittings watching the sun rise.

The Table is Yours - One call does it all. Guests in our balcony staterooms, suites and villas can call up to 48 hours in advance and reserve the restaurant, the time and even the table you desire. All other staterooms can call 24 hours in advance. Reservations never an issue for us. The only time we called was for 6:30 seating in Lazy J, about 90 min before. There was no problem.

Ask Away - Receive priority access 24 hours a day to the reception desk for cruise-related questions about ports, entertainment, activities, NCL's Shore Excursions or whatever. We found reception desk always available, and rarely busy. It was well staffed most of the time.

Just Like Grandma Used To Make - The final night of your cruise fresh-baked cookies will be delivered right to your door - whatta sweet ending. Something else we didn't get, but again no biggie. There were always cookies in the buffet.

We found the ship clean, but in some instances it looked like some things were overlooked. I did mentioin in my review about our balcony railing sanded but not varnished and the tables and chairs in the lanai appeared very weathered, which left them looking old and worn.

This was also the first sailing for many staff on the America, so maybe that was the upgrade? They still did a great job.

I'm hoping we get the promised robes ... those are so nice ... and with the airline luggage restrictions, I certainly won't be squandering limited packing space by packing my own fluffy robe.

How was the bedding?

I'm hoping we get the promised robes ... those are so nice ... and with the airline luggage restrictions, I certainly won't be squandering limited packing space by packing my own fluffy robe.

How was the bedding?

Don't know if it was the bed or pure exhaustion from the day,or sleeping with the balcony door open, or the lull of the ship, but we slept great, and woke the next morn feeling refreshed and ready to go.:)

Archived