Princess or Royal Caribbean

bethbeth428

Has anyone been on both, specifically the Caribbean Princess or Emerald compared to Freedom of the Seas or Explorer of the Seas. Thanks in advance

I have been on both and like the Princess better. FOS is a great ship if you like climbing rock walls or loosing your shorts on the surfing. Seen a lot of bare butts on that one.

I think the Princess has better shows, better ports of call and better food. Just my opinion. I think teenager might like FOS better if they like climbing walls and surfing.

I've been on the Caribbean Princess 2 x's and on the Explorer and its sister ship, the Navigator.

All 4 cruises were great. Anything specfic info you are looking for?

I've been on the CB twice and once on the Voyager of the Seas (sister to EOS).

All were wonderful cruises. Each line has plus/minus. Right now I prefer Princess ... we're huge Anytime Dining fans. Since we've only done one RCI, I really enjoyed the "newness" of being on a totally different ship. I loved the Royal Promenade as well. I would jump on either line in a heartbeat--just don't think you can go wrong, either way.

Thanks all. We just got off the Disney Magic and while in port in St. Maartin we saw Explorer and knew instantly we wanted to go on it but then I started looking into other cruise lines and sort of fell in love with Princess as well. I have been on Royal before and Carnival but never Princess so it will be in my future but probably not the next cruise. I have a young child (9 yrs old). Does Royal have a great kids program and what about Princess?

I have been on the CB and the Liberty of the Seas. Both ships were beautiful and spotlessly clean. Food about the same on both although the buffet was better on RCI. Cabins about the same although Princess balcomies bigger. Biggest difference is the attitude of Princess when there are problems. Princess totally non-responsive both on the ship and afterward. Essentially treated like anything but a valued guest. For about the same price point I will be going back to RCI.

I have a young child (9 yrs old). Does Royal have a great kids program and what about Princess?

I liked the kids facilities better on Princess (but in fairness the VOS is an older ship). My son (7) has been on 4 cruises with us and he loved both lines (begged every day to attend all sessions of kids program). DS seemed to like RCI program slightly better and they definitely kept the kids active.

I have a young child (9 yrs old). Does Royal have a great kids program and what about Princess?

We were on Enchantment is January and CB last weekend with my 9 yr old and 4 yr old. Both agree that RCCL kids programs are more fun. I felt the 3-7 year old group was understaffed much of the time. Both kids missed the free ice cream thats available all day on RCCL.

IMHO Princess has better buffet food, deserts, cabin layout, movies, anytime dining.

RCCL has better day activities, communications (daily schedule and announcements), dining room entrees.

Really both lines are very nice and I would cruise either again based on price and itinerary.

HTH

Cathy

Archived