New Infant and Pregnancy Policies

Please be advised that effective immediately, the following two policies are in effect for all sailings on Azamara CruisesSM,

Celebrity Cruises® and Royal Caribbean International®:

Infant Policy

Infants sailing on a cruise must be at least 6 months old as of the first day of the cruise/cruisetour. However, for

Transatlantic, Transpacific, Hawaii, select South American cruises/cruisetours and other selected cruises/cruisetours, the

infant (as of the first day of the cruise/cruisetour) must be at least 12 months old.

As of April 22, 2008, the list of cruises to which the 12 month minimum age requirement applies (in addition to all

Transatlantic, Transpacific, and Hawaii cruises) is as follows:

• Celebrity InfinitySM - January 31, 2010, February 14, 2010;

• Mariner of the Seas® - January 4, 2009, January 19, 2009, February 3, 2009;

• Splendour of the Seas® - March 30, 2009;

• Legend of the Seas® - October 23, 2009, November 4, 2009.

Any cruisetours associated with these cruises are also subject to the 12 month minimum age requirement.

Denial of boarding for infants who do not satisfy these minimum age requirements may also result in the denial of boarding

for one or more guests sailing with that infant. No refunds or other compensation shall be due from the cruise line to

anyone as a result of the denial of boarding to an underage infant or other accompanying guests. If you have a guest with

an infant that does meet these requirements that has already booked a cruise, please contact your tarvel agents or 1-877-222-2526 for

Azamara CruisesSM, 1-800-437-3111 for Celebrity Cruises®, or 1-800-327-6700 for Royal Caribbean International®.

Pregnancy Policy

Azamara CruisesSM, Celebrity Cruises® and Royal Caribbean International® cannot accept guests who will have entered

their 24th week of pregnancy by the beginning of, or at any time during, the cruise or cruisetour. A physician's "Fit to

Travel" note is required prior to sailing, stating how far along (in weeks) the guest's pregnancy will be at the beginning of

the cruise and confirming that the guest is in good health and not experiencing a high-risk pregnancy. The “Fit to Travel”

note should be faxed to the Access Department at 1-954-628-9622. Please contact us at 1-866-592-7225 or at

special_needs@rccl.com if you have a guest that has already booked a cruise and does not meet this requirement.

whoa! Wait a sec, does this mean that my 4 1/2 month old will not be able to go on our cruise that is scheduled 3 weeks from now??? Even though we booked it before Christmas of last year?! OH NO!!!!!

There is debate over whether or not you will be grandfathered in. If you booked through a travel agent, you need to contact them immediately. If you booked through RCCL you need to contact them. No matter what, if RCCL does say you are okay to go make sure to get that in writing as the way the policy is written does not provide for exceptions for people that booked before the policy was announced.

There is debate over whether or not you will be grandfathered in. If you booked through a travel agent, you need to contact them immediately. If you booked through RCCL you need to contact them. No matter what, if RCCL does say you are okay to go make sure to get that in writing as the way the policy is written does not provide for exceptions for people that booked before the policy was announced.

100% correct!

We can debate the issue until we are blue in the face (and believe me we have at the family board http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=766401 )

But the only answer that matters is the one from RCCL and get it in writing.

For all of those who had booked prior to the 4/22 date WILL BE grandfathered. I have inquired about this 2 weeks agi and received a waiver from RCCL for children under the specified age based on my booking date. Call Customer Resolutions and they will be able to help faciliate.

For all of those who had booked prior to the 4/22 date WILL BE grandfathered. I have inquired about this 2 weeks agi and received a waiver from RCCL for children under the specified age based on my booking date. Call Customer Resolutions and they will be able to help faciliate.

This is correct, We just heard back and we were grandfathered.... bitter sweet as we are now STILL having to go with my husbands dad, his dad's girlfriend..and his girfriends ENTIRE family... what a joy. :D

Archived