Table for 11?

coulombic

We are sailing on the Glory Thanksgiving week and there are 11 of us traveling together and we have linked our booking numbers for dinner. I have seen on these boards that there are tables for 10 but are there seating accomodations for 11 people dining together? 9 adults and one 17 and one 14 year old.

I've not been on the Glory, but on my first cruise on the Fantasy, we were seated at a table for 11. There were 7 adults, 2 teens, and 2 children at the table. I think it was supposed to be for 10 people, but they set an extra place. We weren't too crowded, though.

[quote name='GroupCruiser']I've never seen anything larger than tables for 8 on Destiny/Conquest class ships, which is what the Glory is. Your best bet is two tables for 6 right next to each other.[/QUOTE]
Are the "tables for six" on the Conquest tables or booths? We had a booth for six on the Elation.

[quote name='GroupCruiser']I've never seen anything larger than tables for 8 on Destiny/Conquest class ships, which is what the Glory is. Your best bet is two tables for 6 right next to each other.[/QUOTE]I know the Glory has tables for 10 in the upper level of the Platinum dining room. There were 13 of us on the Glory in May, and nine were seated at a long table for ten, and the rest of us sat at a table for four right next to the big table. There were 11 of us on the Victory last year and we were seated at a round table for 10 -- they just squeezed in an extra chair. It was a bit crowded, but not unbearable. On our last day of that cruise, we ate breakfast at a long table in the other dining room and it was even larger than our assigned table.

Thank you all for the information. I was thinking I had heard that there were round tables for 10 and was hoping that they would just squeeze in one more place setting. We are a close family and the extra crowding wouldn't be an issue :)

I was just about to ask the same question. We are with 11 travelling on the Destiny. Our travel agent has requested a table for 11. Is there anything else we can do, like contact Carnival before our cruise and mention we definitely want to sit together and not be split between two tables. And when do we find out our seating arrangement, right after we board should we head to the dining room to find out?

Thanks

Archived