Playa Rincon

phychoice

Has anyone who docked at Samana been to the beach at Playa Rincon? If so, how did you get there and do you have any recommendations.

Playa Rincon is the best. I was there in December with a big group of people and we were just about the only ones on the island other than some locals. There is an eatery and a place to rent things...I recommend going with casadorado.

Here is a link to my pictures from rincon http://www.flickr.com/raffles

here is a link to casadorado. http://www.casadoradoDR.com

any other questions? email me or PM me.

Thanks very much for the info - do you remember how much or how long it took to get there from the ship?

Yes, right around 30-40 minutes, but it does not seem like that because of all the interesting scenery. My taxi driver, Yamin, was very nice, spoke perfect english and his house is on the way there!

we also went with casadoado, we told them we wold get the word out.... very nice couple, she is from the states..but i wouldn't recommend the food , there.... playo rincon...very costly... and not that good... shrimp and lobster were dry, fried plantains , kinds bla..:(

We were there in March and also booked through casadorado. Fantastic day! (Tops of my feet got sunburned, though, so

don't forget that part of your anatomy when applying sinscreen!) We had a group of 10 signed up from our roll call here.

Two folks NEVER SHOWED UP and so the rest of us had to divy up and pay their portion. :mad: We did not have a last

name and never did locate KEVIN on the Jewel! (He was a no show for another excusion in Antigua, but luckily we were all

paying separately for that trip so only the Lawrence our tour guide was stiffed by him there!)

Yes, right around 30-40 minutes, but it does not seem like that because of all the interesting scenery. My taxi driver, Yamin, was very nice, spoke perfect english and his house is on the way there!

how much does the taxi cost and does he wait for you or come back

Cruising on the Jewel for 2 weeks out of Miami March 6th, 2009 and heading to Samana for the first port of call...I too am interested in cost of taxi from the tender pier to Playa Rincon. If anyone is heading that way also maybe cost could be split up amongst a group?

Happy Travels!

Saublesand :)

Archived