Tell me about Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas

OnTheBrink

My MIL just booked next year's cruise on Royal Caribbean's Liberty of the Seas. I know nothing, so fill me in!

She booked my family of 4 (kids will be 4.5 and nearly 8) all in one cabin this time. I know it's a balcony, but that's all I know. So which sleep four? She couldn't remember what it was called.

Anyway - off to explore and see what I can learn!

Well as far as balcony category, they all hold 4 on Liberty. So it could be anything from an

E1 or E2

D1 or D2

Junior Suite

Grand Suite and up

So try to get category out of her and we can give you more info.

The E and D category has no bath, just a shower

Junior Suite and up have more space, bath tub and priority embarkation

Grand Suite and up has all that the JS has plus concierge service, concierge lounge and suite perks.

The pools are all freshwater.

There is a Johnny Rockets Onboard ($3.95 surcharge, all you can eat, except shakes), Ben & Jerry's (pay for it), Sorrento's Pizza and Cafe Promenade (Pizza Place with salad, desserts, specialty breads...then coffee bar with deli), free soft servce ice cream by the H20 zone.

Two specialty restaurants Portofino and Chops (no one under 13 admitted after the 6pm reservation)

Adult only solarium with hot tubs that hang over the side of the ship

H20 zone waterpark for kids

Main Sports pool

Parades through the Promenade

Three level dining room

Golf Simulator, Rock climbing, 9 Hole Mini Golf, Boxing Ring, Ice Skating Rink, Roller Blading, Basketball court

Hmmm...that's about all....lol

Oh and you can see the activities for the kids at the link in my signature. And the kid menu is there too.

Feel free to ask away. :D

Hey, Michelle, you forgot the Flowrider (surf simulator!)! ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

How could I forget the Flowrider!

Must have been momentary memory loss...lol.

And while I'm at it, let's add

--kids only hot tubs.

--Pirate Parades, kids are dressed as pirates and they parade all over the ship and through late seating dinner

--The kids put on a circus, live, in costume in the Promenade

--Kids Talent Show (they can bring their own talent or they are given one...the youngest ones are taught an animal song dance) All kids are awarded a medal at the show...don't miss this!

--Family Scavenger Hunts

--Family Karaoke

--Family night at the Disco

--For the adults, don't miss Quest or the Not So Newlywed Game

--Ice shows

--Comedy Shows

--Bingo

--Trivia and Family Trivia (Cartoon Theme Songs)

Can you tell I REALLY like these ships...lol?

BTW, RCCL you can send my check to Cruisinmama....:p

I'm sure this is on a thread somewhere, but since you're talking liberty, I figure its the same for Freedom.

I'd like to think about booking a specialty restaurant for our trip and this would help with booking time if I knew the kids club hours.

Thanks for any help.

I'm sure this is on a thread somewhere, but since you're talking liberty, I figure its the same for Freedom.

I'd like to think about booking a specialty restaurant for our trip and this would help with booking time if I knew the kids club hours.

Thanks for any help.

Yes, Freedom and Liberty have the same activities. And actually, if you go to the link in my signature, then click on RCCL Adventure Ocean (I think on pg 4) will start my Adventure Ocean pages for Freedom.

For what age group do you need to know the times? Generally, at night, the club opens at 6:45pm.

• 2 weeks later...

We are going on Liberty this Fall with our 4yo dd.. I didn't realize they have so many family activities going on. Are they in the regular compass or the kid's compass (I've never noticed them before but then again I've only gone on cruises with just my DH).

WHere are the kids only hot tubs? in the H2O zone?

When do they do the circus? On a sea day?

DD is going to love all of this!

Another question.

DD is taking swim lessons this summer but not sure she will be a strong swimmer by Fall. Do they have any problem wtih kids wearing a life vest or arm floats in the pools?

The kid compasses are here....just click on this, then RCCL Adventure Ocean on the left hand side...

http://photobucket.com/cruisekidpages

I don't know the exact day they do the circus, they do something else every other week (can't remember the theme).

Yes your daughter can wear swimmies or a life preserver in the pools. Most of the H20 zone is very shallow but they do have 2 sections that are over 5 feet deep. The sports pool also has shallow areas, but then it goes deeper.

The kids hot tub is located at the H20 zone...

IMG_0726.jpg

Thanks for any help.

We would typically get the kids dinner at the Windjammer around 6pm and then drop them off at the kids club around 7. We would make our specialty restaurant reservations for around 8pm so we'd have an hour to get ready or grab a cocktail before dinner. Dinner takes about 2 hours so you should be done in tim to pick by 10pm at the AO. If you run late or decide to do an after dinner cocktail, your kids will be automtically enrolled in LNPT (Late Night Party Zone) which runs from 10pm until 1am at a cost of $5 per half hour per child. Its mainly free play time at first and then movies and quite time as it gets later. Picked up DD, age 4, sound asleep up there twice.

It may sound bad (for lack of a better term) to send them to AO all night, but almost every kid in the world would rather be at AO playing games with friends than sitting through a 2 hour dinner service.

Archived