Packing - AARRGGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leela14

We are flying out TOMORROW, I'm off work today for the manicure/pedicure etc. I checked the weather for our 2 week Med cruise, and it looks like rain will be following us around for at least the first week. So I have to pack clothes and shoes suitable for rain, which I really had not.

I'm kind of freaking out because I have the suitcases packed, weighed and ready to go and now I have to start pulling stuff out and adding stuff in. I now need a good pair of shoes for walking around in rain. I only had one pair of long pants packed, and now I will need another. Due to weight restrictions and common sense, something is gonna have to give. As it is I know I wouldn't wear everything - esp. the shoes. I had 6 pairs packed + the ones I was wearing, now I need a good pair for rain, that would be 8 pairs. I think I'll pull out one of my 3 pairs of excursion shoes, plus a silver ballet flat. It's gonna kill me though. But those were the ones I thought I'd wear the least.

Anyway, just needed to share. I know some of you can understand my frustration. It took me months to get that list ready, and here I am the day before having to re-do it. :mad:

I completely understand, last minute changes can be dismaying :(

'Don't think you have to change your entire wardrobe, just exchange a few shorts for longer pants and take out one or two pair of sandals. The weather can "change back" and you can get some sun. If you don't have enough long pants packed, just have them sent out to be laundered.

Have fun, don't let the weather ruin your long planned trip!

Please don't stress too much about what the weatherman says, you know he can be wrong 80% of the time.

We were in Europe early last June and the weather looked gloomy before we left.

We actually had not one day of rain. It was in fact over 100' in Cairo and Athens. Rome, Cyprus and Turkey was perfect.

I have to second the advice not to fret over the weather predictions. Be prepared for some rain but don't plan your entire wardrobe around it. Give yourself a time limit this afternoon for making changes in your packing and then just let it be. You're going to drive yourself nuts if you don't.

Have a terrific cruise!

I actually returned one my pairs of excursion shoes today. I had bought 3 brand new ones, and I would probably never wear them again, so 3 pairs was overkill. I put in a nice pair of sensible leather shoes that will be great in the case of rain. I didn't pull anything else out. I added one more pair of long pants.

I know I've overpacked. Not hugely, but still. My initial thought was to wear everything twice, but I bet I won't even wear everything once. I did the best I could, as long as we are under the weight restrictions, that's all that matters. I am not a light packer, I've come to terms with it.

So tomorrow we are off to Barcelona, all these months of planning and it's actually here already!

Thanks to everyone on here for all the help, and I've received TONS over the past few months!! :)

I actually returned one my pairs of excursion shoes today. I had bought 3 brand new ones, and I would probably never wear them again, so 3 pairs was overkill. I put in a nice pair of sensible leather shoes that will be great in the case of rain. I didn't pull anything else out. I added one more pair of long pants.

I know I've overpacked. Not hugely, but still. My initial thought was to wear everything twice, but I bet I won't even wear everything once. I did the best I could, as long as we are under the weight restrictions, that's all that matters. I am not a light packer, I've come to terms with it.

So tomorrow we are off to Barcelona, all these months of planning and it's actually here already!

Thanks to everyone on here for all the help, and I've received TONS over the past few months!! :)

Just to say Bon Voyage and safe sailing.:) :) :) :) :)

Archived