? re:Grand City Drive & Empress Tea

ChefPeg

Hi,

I am interested in having high tea when we are in Victoria. I was wondering if anyone has ever booked this excursion through Celebrity.

"Grand City Drive & Empress Tea" or should we just book high tea at Butchart Gardens?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

Hi,

I am interested in having high tea when we are in Victoria. I was wondering if anyone has ever booked this excursion through Celebrity.

"Grand City Drive & Empress Tea" or should we just book high tea at Butchart Gardens?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

I do not know about excursion but below is info on tea:

Afternoon Tea

Indulge in one of Victoria's grandest traditions - Afternoon Tea at The Fairmont Empress. For almost a century, the majestic lobby of this landmark hotel has played host to England's most beloved ritual - the taking of Afternoon Tea.

Award-winning Pastry Chef D'Oyen Christie works his magic, ensuring an authentic and memorable experience - from your very first sip of our secret Tea at The Empress blend tea, right through to his freshly baked raisin scones served with clotted cream and strawberry preserves.

Served in the relaxing atmosphere of the elegantly restored Tea Lobby, overlooking Victoria's sparkling Inner Harbor in the stately Harborside Room or under the hand-painted ceiling of the Library, Afternoon Tea is an absolute 'must do' for all who visit Victoria.

Afternoon Royal Tea

As you take your seats in the opulent surroundings of the Empress Tea Lobby, treat yourself to a glass of award winning Sumac Ridge Steller's Jay Brut with the unrivalled selection of sandwiches, cakes, scones, pastries & teas...you'll feel like royalty. Afternoon Royal Tea is subject to our regular tea pricing, plus an additional $12.00 CAD per person charge, plus taxes.

Sample Menu:

Tea at The Empress blend tea*

Fresh seasonal fruit topped with Chantilly cream

Tea sandwiches; cucumber with light horseradish, smoked salmon pinwheel, mango and curried chicken, carrot and ginger, multigrain crostini topped with a mixed mushroom pate.

Traditional English raisin scones served with clotted cream and strawberry preserves

Delicate bite-size pastries, lemon curd tarts with glazed berries, Battenburg cake, Earl Grey tea shortbread, chocolate cake and a marble chocolate tulip

*Tea at The Empress blend is a selection of seasonal, quality teas, created exclusively for The Fairmont Empress by the Metropolitan Tea Company. With components from Assam (thick malty and full bodied), Kenya (floral-like flavor and a golden coppery infusion), South India (superb fruity and sprightly flavor), Ceylon (airy, almost piquant flavor), and China (burgundy depth with light oaky notes), it is truly one of the finest blends in the world.

From Our Chef:

'I believe in creating a balance between the flavor and presentation of my desserts, it adds a personal touch I feel leaves guests with a lasting impression.'

~ D'oyen Christie, Pastry Chef ~

Seatings:

Afternoon Tea: Daily seatings starting from 12:00 p.m.

Pricing:

Afternoon Tea ranges in price from $49.00 - $60.00 CAD, per person, plus taxes. Please contact hotel for exact pricing.

*Afternoon Royal Tea is subject to our regular tea pricing, plus an additional $12.00 CAD per person charge, plus taxes.

Dress Code:

Smart casual (no torn jeans, short shorts, beach wear or flip-flops, jogging pants or tank tops).

Reservations:

Reservations are required and should be made direct with the hotel, one to two weeks in advance to avoid disappointment. Tables are held for ten minutes after reservation time.

Please contact Resort Reservations at (250) 389-2727 or book on-line with a room reservation.

Please Note:

For the comfort of those around you, it is requested that cell phones be turned off during Afternoon Tea.

I do not know about excursion but below is info on tea:

Afternoon Tea

Indulge in one of Victoria's grandest traditions - Afternoon Tea at The Fairmont Empress. For almost a century, the majestic lobby of this landmark hotel has played host to England's most beloved ritual - the taking of Afternoon Tea.

Award-winning Pastry Chef D'Oyen Christie works his magic, ensuring an authentic and memorable experience - from your very first sip of our secret Tea at The Empress blend tea, right through to his freshly baked raisin scones served with clotted cream and strawberry preserves.

Served in the relaxing atmosphere of the elegantly restored Tea Lobby, overlooking Victoria's sparkling Inner Harbor in the stately Harborside Room or under the hand-painted ceiling of the Library, Afternoon Tea is an absolute 'must do' for all who visit Victoria.

Afternoon Royal Tea

As you take your seats in the opulent surroundings of the Empress Tea Lobby, treat yourself to a glass of award winning Sumac Ridge Steller's Jay Brut with the unrivalled selection of sandwiches, cakes, scones, pastries & teas...you'll feel like royalty. Afternoon Royal Tea is subject to our regular tea pricing, plus an additional $12.00 CAD per person charge, plus taxes.

Sample Menu:

Tea at The Empress blend tea*

Fresh seasonal fruit topped with Chantilly cream

Tea sandwiches; cucumber with light horseradish, smoked salmon pinwheel, mango and curried chicken, carrot and ginger, multigrain crostini topped with a mixed mushroom pate.

Traditional English raisin scones served with clotted cream and strawberry preserves

Delicate bite-size pastries, lemon curd tarts with glazed berries, Battenburg cake, Earl Grey tea shortbread, chocolate cake and a marble chocolate tulip

*Tea at The Empress blend is a selection of seasonal, quality teas, created exclusively for The Fairmont Empress by the Metropolitan Tea Company. With components from Assam (thick malty and full bodied), Kenya (floral-like flavor and a golden coppery infusion), South India (superb fruity and sprightly flavor), Ceylon (airy, almost piquant flavor), and China (burgundy depth with light oaky notes), it is truly one of the finest blends in the world.

From Our Chef:

'I believe in creating a balance between the flavor and presentation of my desserts, it adds a personal touch I feel leaves guests with a lasting impression.'

~ D'oyen Christie, Pastry Chef ~

Seatings:

Afternoon Tea: Daily seatings starting from 12:00 p.m.

Pricing:

Afternoon Tea ranges in price from $49.00 - $60.00 CAD, per person, plus taxes. Please contact hotel for exact pricing.

*Afternoon Royal Tea is subject to our regular tea pricing, plus an additional $12.00 CAD per person charge, plus taxes.

Dress Code:

Smart casual (no torn jeans, short shorts, beach wear or flip-flops, jogging pants or tank tops).

Reservations:

Reservations are required and should be made direct with the hotel, one to two weeks in advance to avoid disappointment. Tables are held for ten minutes after reservation time.

Please contact Resort Reservations at (250) 389-2727 or book on-line with a room reservation.

Please Note:

For the comfort of those around you, it is requested that cell phones be turned off during Afternoon Tea.

Thank you!!!!

Okay I'm sold! That sounds wonderful!

That was very kind of you post that for me.

Have a great afternoon!!

Hi,

Here is a link to photos from an afternoon tea at the Empress in September, 2007, while sailing aboard Celebrity Mercury.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/560869278Xlazct?start=0

Pages 3-4-5 of this album have pictures of the hotel and grounds, and a few pictures of the tea room and other interior shots of the public rooms at the Empress.

Have fun!

CM

Hi,

Here is a link to photos from an afternoon tea at the Empress in September, 2007, while sailing aboard Celebrity Mercury.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/560869278Xlazct?start=0

Pages 3-4-5 of this album have pictures of the hotel and grounds, and a few pictures of the tea room and other interior shots of the public rooms at the Empress.

Have fun!

CM

OMG!! Thank you so much for sharing! I loved your photos!

What a beautiful hotel! I am sure I made the right choice.

You take very nice pictures too.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Archived