Past Guest With Friends

aarinsmama

My husband and I are both past guests, and are looking into booking an October cruise with another couple who have never cruised before. In order to get past guest specials for all of us, we were considering booking the two wives together, and the two husbands together (so there would be past guest deals on both cabins!), then switching once we got there. Is there any problem with this? How does it affect your sail and sign cards? Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks!

My husband and I are both past guests, and are looking into booking an October cruise with another couple who have never cruised before. In order to get past guest specials for all of us, we were considering booking the two wives together, and the two husbands together (so there would be past guest deals on both cabins!), then switching once we got there. Is there any problem with this? How does it affect your sail and sign cards? Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks!

It's done all of the time.......you can switch cards and such at the pursers desk when you get on board.........enjoy!!

Please, please, please just know that your friends won't get the invitation to the past guest party. However, they will love cruising with you and Carnival so much that they'll be bugging you to book another cruise before you know it.

Our PVP told us to do this on our last cruise so that the other cabin got the discount for past guest then just get an extra room key once you are on the ship. So when we booked our upcoming cruise we booked the rooms with the hopes that a past guest special would come up again (Sister-in-law and husband going this time). Well, I just looked up our cruise and they now have a past guest discount. We have saved $212/cabin (240 - 28 for extra fuel surcharge) since we booked two months ago. My PVP always states to go ahead and book then he will apply the discounts as they come up.

You will get an invite to the past guest party for each of the past guests in each cabin. So, if each of the past guest are in a room you can bring your roommate with you to the party. I was a past guest on my last cruise and was able to bring my husband as my guest, he had never cruised before. My best friend, who was a past guest, was cruising with us and she was able to bring her boyfriend to the party, he had never cruised before. So, all will be able to attend the past guest party. I promise they are not checking id's at the door just hand them the invite and enjoy!!!

You will get an invite to the past guest party for each of the past guests in each cabin. So, if each of the past guest are in a room you can bring your roommate with you to the party. I was a past guest on my last cruise and was able to bring my husband as my guest, he had never cruised before. My best friend, who was a past guest, was cruising with us and she was able to bring her boyfriend to the party, he had never cruised before. So, all will be able to attend the past guest party. I promise they are not checking id's at the door just hand them the invite and enjoy!!!

Not always so. I have seen people turned away with out invitations. The invitation is for the named person only and does not state "and guest" So, I would not plan on doing this.

Not always so. I have seen people turned away with out invitations. The invitation is for the named person only and does not state "and guest" So, I would not plan on doing this.

I know this can be done because I just did it less than a month ago. The guy that checked us in said you can bring the guest that is traveling with you to the party. I am almost sure that the invite says the past guest and a guest of that person are invited. Again, I walked up with DH on my side, handed my invitation to the entertainment guy, who welcomed us and we walked in, no problem. Not every past guest travels with a past guest. CCL knows you are not going to attend the party if you have to go alone.

You may have seen people who didn't have an invite who were just trying to crash a party that they did not get invited to at all. They were probably newbies and wanted a closer look.

So, like I said before, go and enjoy!

I am traveling with my husband and 2 kids, we are all past guests. However, my stepdaughter (16) is traveling with us this time, and she is a first time cruiser. She is going with us whether she has an invitation or not. I'm not leavin her out on her own, and since most of us are past cruisers, I feel fine with that decision.

. I am almost sure that the invite says the past guest and a guest of that person are invited. !

Nope! Got one right here from the Elation. Went to a birthday party for friend instead. Just has my name on it. Just like all my other did. So, again it is just a matter of luck of draw if they let you in. I'm not saying they won't or not to try. Just don't plan on it and be let down if you can't.

I have also seen them turn people away especially when they had no invite yet did have the red white and blue first timer cards prominently displayed. :eek:

Nope! Got one right here from the Elation. Went to a birthday party for friend instead. Just has my name on it. Just like all my other did. So, again it is just a matter of luck of draw if they let you in. I'm not saying they won't or not to try. Just don't plan on it and be let down if you can't.

I know what I was told and I know what we did. I had the invite and my best friend had the invite. My DH and her DBF did not have one. We were told that they could come. We walked in, they walked in. No problem!!!

I would love to see a copy of the invite if you could post it on here. I would look at mine but I gave it at the door of the lounge when we entered the party.

I know what I was told and I know what we did. I had the invite and my best friend had the invite. My DH and her DBF did not have one. We were told that they could come. We walked in, they walked in. No problem!!!

I would love to see a copy of the invite if you could post it on here. I would look at mine but I gave it at the door of the lounge when we entered the party.

No one is doubting what you were told. But, that was just one experience. The one thing I have learned cruising is; You can't count on the same thing always happend twice.

I would love to show you but, I don't know how to do that. Sorry:o

As PaulMedik has also pointed out it happend. There was thread hear last week about the same thing and many people had seen people turned away. Like he says when they see that red, white and blue card.

Thaythere is John making the crake in the film about clapping or we know you don't belong here.:D

No one is doubting what you were told. But, that was just one experience. The one thing I have learned cruising is; You can't count on the same thing always happend twice.

I would love to show you but, I don't know how to do that. Sorry:o

As PaulMedik has also pointed out it happend. There was thread hear last week about the same thing and many people had seen people turned away. Like he says when they see that red, white and blue card.

Thaythere is John making the crake in the film about clapping or we know you don't belong here.:D

Well, obviously, if they are pulling out a red, white and blue card they are crashers. I had an invite and was told to bring my DH. I truly don't believe they are going to turn someone away who has the invite in one hand and there guest in the other. You wouldn't have alot of people showing up if that was the case.:rolleyes:

I know this can be done because I just did it less than a month ago. The guy that checked us in said you can bring the guest that is traveling with you to the party. I am almost sure that the invite says the past guest and a guest of that person are invited. Again, I walked up with DH on my side, handed my invitation to the entertainment guy, who welcomed us and we walked in, no problem. Not every past guest travels with a past guest. CCL knows you are not going to attend the party if you have to go alone.

You may have seen people who didn't have an invite who were just trying to crash a party that they did not get invited to at all. They were probably newbies and wanted a closer look.

So, like I said before, go and enjoy!

It can be done. We invited our friend who was in a single in a 1A with us. No problems.

Since you hands are going to busy shaking the captain's and CD's hands and reaching for that free drink, perhaps you could bring along your new cruiser friend to help you out and hold your gold or platinum S&S card for you as you both enter.... :D

LSUcajunmom - I'm also an LSUcajunmom.

The thing is that even though your experience was that your guests were allowed into the PG party, it isn't the norm. It's always hit and miss about that party. Different ships, different folks at the door taking invitations, different purser saying yes/no....etc.

So - whatever happens on any given ship on any given cruise - doesn't mean it is that way on any other ship at any time. Confusing? Yep.

Main thing is - Newbies should NOT be allowed into the parties. They have not 'earned' this party. It's something they can look forward to on their next cruise!:) GEAUX TIGERS!

Thanks for all the responses to my question. I'm not concerned about the Past Guest Party, as they'll probably not want to go anyway. My concern, as stated in my original post, was about room assignments and S&S cards/door keys, and being able to get them switched once on board. Thanks to those who reassured me that it's possible!

Archived