Email promo from Norwegian

lola4795

I just completed my first cruise in March, so I'm not sure how the "follow up" promos work with the cruise lines. I just received an email about a promo. I'll paste a portion below.

How do these deals work? Are they good deals?

Get up to an 8 category upgrade when you book today.

Hurry, space is limited.

NCL-534_Latitudes1DaySale_VersionA_arrow.jpg

Private preview sale - WEDNESDAY, MAY 14, 2008

NCL-534_Latitudes1DaySale_VersionA_arrow.jpg

One-Day-Sale - THURSDAY, MAY 15, 2008

All Europe is on sale starting from $699*.

Book now to receive a FREE upgrade to the best available stateroom aboard the youngest fleet on the planetNCL-534_Latitudes1DaySale_VersionA_dagger.jpg and the only cruise line that offers Freestyle Cruising®.

Now’s the time to book an NCL Europe cruise because your stateroom, meals and even your shore excursions are all paid in U.S. dollars. Don’t worry about those pesky Euro exchange rates. So Europe from the U.S. is less expensive than Europe from Europe. Who knew?

I got the email this morning also, probaly trying to sell the ship out. Nothing unusal for them to email you about sales. We get something from them about once a week or so. The email is for select European sailings, you can get all the details on NCL's website if your interested

If you're interested - phone NCL or your travel agent. The promo doesn't really offer a price - but up to an 8 category upgrade - It certainly says its for one day only and you have to phone TODAY for the details.

Call the phone number if you're interested.

I just completed my first cruise in March, so I'm not sure how the "follow up" promos work with the cruise lines. I just received an email about a promo. ...How do these deals work? Are they good deals?...

This wasn't a "follow up" promo to your cruise. This was a general audience promotion sent to many of us. NCL also placed a banner ad here on CC related to this promo. I mention this to let you know that this "promo" does not involve any extra effort or special procedures on your part in order to take advantage of it. If you think the deal is appealing, just call NCL or a travel agent, and book something, which is the same process any of us would use.

It's up to you to determine if it is a good deal. For me, there was not nearly enough enticement to cause me to book a new cruise. With the promo, you can book the lowest priced cabin in a category, and get upgraded to a more expensive cabin within the same category (i.e. inside to inside; ocean view to ocean view, etc). Be aware that an "upgraded" cabin is really just an upgraded location on the ship - the cabins themselves are generally identical, within a category.

Archived