Junior Suite vs Deluxe Oceanview Tipping

Seems funny to me that people will pay hundreds, even over a thousand more to stay in a JS, over a D1, but then question whether or not an extra 2.25 pp per day is too much to pay the person cleaning up after you.

I just recieved a response last week from RCCL customer service asking the perk question, specifically if you are allowed to board as a priority due to the "suite". This is the response I received:

"Please be advised the Suite amenities are for guests who are booked in

Grand suites, Owners Suites and the Royal Suite. We are sincerely sorry

for any inconvenience this may cause you."

Ya gotta love customer service - can a whole department really be that clueless? Anyway, we've always gotten priority boarding with a JS at Cape Liberty and I know others have reported getting it at other ports. There's always someone there with a clipboard listing the "eligible" cabins and ours is always on it.

Seems funny to me that people will pay hundreds, even over a thousand more to stay in a JS, over a D1, but then question whether or not an extra 2.25 pp per day is too much to pay the person cleaning up after you.

For the same reason we use Gasbuddy.com to check for lower fuel prices when we are on a driving trip, the same reason we use credit card points to book free hotel rooms when we travel, the same reason we clip coupons for the grocers, the same reason we go for the "Early Bird Special" when dining out, the same reason we bought 100 shares of RCCL stock so we could get the stockholder benefits, the same reason we stick with RCCL to get the C&A benefits, and the same reason we drive a car for at least 200,000 miles - To Get The Most Bang For Our Buck.:)

We have some relatives that think the more they pay for something, the better it must be. It increases their bragging rights. Those same people can't understand how we can be retired and go on four cruises and a three week driving vacation last year. We pay as we go, and pay as little as we can.;)

ChevyCruiser, most of us understand that you are not trying to get out of rewarding someone - you are just trying to find out what is correct and will go from there.

Exactly, we tend to tip a little on the generous side, especially if the service was exemplary.

Thanks to all who helped with the explanation. I went ahead and booked the JS.

Archived