Looking for a good beach near port.

riu girl

Me, DH, DD11 and DS8 will be in G. Cayman from 7 am - 2 pm. We plan on doing the Carnival pirate cruise from 8 am-10am. After this we would like to go swimming. Since the ship (Carnival Inspiration) will be leaving at 2 pm I am looking for a beach that is close to the pier (I assume that this is where we be dropped off after the Carnival pirate cruise tour?).

Any reccommendations would be really appreciated.

Thank you

I don't have an answer for you, but a question. We've been trying to plan excursions as well and are considering this. Where did you get the time of the excursion? Did it show up online before you booked it? We are sailing this ship in Jan and I can't find any info yet on prices or times and it's driving me nuts.

There is a beach about 5 minute cab ride. Not sure what the name of the beach it but it's to the left of the ships. Our cab driver said that the beach was safe and secure.

When you get off the boat (tender) there will be dozens of tour operators waiting for you. Grand Cayman is very safe (IMO)

I was in GC last week on the Legend, from 7AM to 4PM. We did not book an excursion. We were actually on the island by 7:30, however GC is an hour behind ship's time, so it was 6:30 local time. As the shops weren't open yet, we had no problem getting a taxi to Seven Mile Beach for $4 each USD one way. He dropped us off at one area, but we walked along the beach a ways and set up camp in another area. GC is very clean, and feels very safe. The beach was amazing; we pretty much had it all to ourselves. When we were ready, again it was no problem getting a taxi back to the shopping area for $4 each. We did tip; Honey gave the drivers $10 each way. Lunch at Margaritaville was good, but a little pricey, as is the case on GC. No matter. Back to the tender pier at 3 ship time because all aboard by 3:30. People onboard really enjoyed the Stingray excursions, and I enjoyed seeing people's hats and shirts from Hell.

Do it on your own and save the money. Sea Grape is a great place, chairs are available and I think we paid 5 or 10 dollars, there is a bar and food is available. Changing area and restrooms. Great beach, no need to pack onto a bus just grab a cab and there are plenty of cabs waiting to take you back to the ship area. Have fun.....

Do it on your own and save the money. Sea Grape is a great place, chairs are available and I think we paid 5 or 10 dollars, there is a bar and food is available. Changing area and restrooms. Great beach, no need to pack onto a bus just grab a cab and there are plenty of cabs waiting to take you back to the ship area. Have fun.....

Sea Grape seems to be where the taxi originally dropped us off, based on maps I've seen. I didn't see a sign at all, but I wasn't looking. The beauty of the beach distracted me!

For far is Sea Grape from the port? We will be on the pirate cruise in the am and will only of hours before we have to be back on the ship.

Thank you

Not far, but not walking distance. Like a 10 minute taxi each way, if that.

There are going to be 3 ships in port when we are. Will we still be able to get a cab and find a stretch of beach with chairs available and not overrun with people?

Any beaches with shade?

Ruth

I have been in GC with many more ships that 3... This island can take a lot of people and they are ready to take your money! (: The 7 mile beach is beautiful and I think the more you go down the less crowded it will be. Enjoy CG its a great place... Thats why I got married there...

• 3 weeks later...
There are going to be 3 ships in port when we are. Will we still be able to get a cab and find a stretch of beach with chairs available and not overrun with people?

Any beaches with shade?

Ruth

We have 5 in port when we are there in January !:(

I think I read that the bus that you catch to Sea Grape beach does not have A/C. Is this correct? I read it is $2.50 per person, which would save us quite a bit since there are 7 of us. But if it doesn't have A/C, I'm not sure it would be worth it. Anyone ever actually taken the bus to Sea Grape, and does it have A/C?

Archived