Cc Class...worth It?????????

Gvizier

Sailing on CC class on Mercury to Mexico for 11 nights on December 6th....Took a chance with CC class.,......Willl I really get priority on boarding and unboarding...even at ports that dont dock at the pier?.....Will I really get a choice of 4 pillows?....etc.........Also, am I expectd to tip an extra person...or is it just like a room steward?.....and is the tip expected much higer than the suggested tip???.....Is the room service menu more extensive than in a regular balcony cabin?....Please share your CC experiences ehre ..or email to gvizier@aol.com//thanks so much

so I'll try to help out.

We had flowers in our room and a bud vase in our bathroom. Champagne was chilling when we got there too. Yes there is a pillow menu with 4 different pillows.

When we boarded we got into the suite, captain's club and CC line but there was no one there as we boarded early. We got priority tender tickets to shore but nothing to get back on the ship from tender ports. Don't know about priority debarkation because we went to the airport by Celebrity bus.

The suggested tip for CC is $4.00 per person per day up from $3.50. The room service menu had more choices but the service was the same.

It was nice but I wouldn't pay much more for the service then a regular cabin.

I just got back from a CC room on the Infinity. I upgraded because of the cabin, not the ameneties. (Only veranda cabin left when I finally got around to booking.) The priority was nice for the tenders. Saved me over an hour of waiting one day. I didn't notice any difference on days when we had a gang plank. I personally love having flowers in my room, so that was a nice touch. Also having a constantly replenished fruit bowl was nice. Also, when I disembarked at the final port my number was in the first group called. I would think it is worth $80 each. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Save the money.

The Veranda room was smaller than HAL (Rotterdam,May 2004) The extras were so,so. Flowers in the room. Just a few and they were not replaced every day.

Champagne, OK, $30(?)

Fruit,wow, two apples, a banana,one orange, some grapes,in a very small bowl.

Getting on the ship in San Fran was a nightmare, NO PRIORITY.

Tender Priority, we tendered twice. Getting on shore nice, return to ship, no priority.

Room service menu,BREAKFEAST ONLY, The smoothies were very nice, menu-ok.

Pillows, did not bother,pillows on the bed were fine.

I did get a business card with my name and room on it, still don't know what to do with it.

Bottom line: Nice,nothing special that I saw. Travelled HAL(2 times) Royal Crib(2 times) Carnival(2 times, when the kids were young) HAL and Royal Crib was as nice or nicer without the extra title and extra charge.

We just got off the transatlantic on the Constellation and had a CC cabin. We loved the amenities. The flowers were nice. Though not changed daily (when I get a flowers for my birthday I don't throw them out after one day or two or three...), though they were changed when they started to wilt. The breakfast menu was delicious, with parfaits (granola and yogurt in a very pretty glass) smoothies, fried bananas, etc. We enjoyed the pillow selection and nice heavy robes (in the past only in suites). The bed duvet was only nice. The towels were also very big and fluffy with a nice floor mat too. Our room steward was great along with his assistant. Every night when he made the bed up he placed a white cloth (like a BIG napkin) on the floor on each side of the bed for us to step out onto in the morning. We are signed up for CC on Mex Riv in Jan and CC on the Constellation to New England. Feel free to e-mail us if you have any specific questions. davis0056 at aol dot com

For $80 it's probably a fair price. We did get priority embarkation and a nice travel bag but really none of the extras really enhanced my cruise experience. I have enjoyed myself just as much in a regular balcony cabin. IMHO CC is over-rated.

We are in CC (aft cabin on Sky Deck) on the Infinity through the canal in 22 days, 34 minutes, 18, 17, 16, seconds.

We went for it for three big reasons. The embarkation thing (which sounds like it happens sometimes and not sometimes), the pillows (we use down at home and I don't want to pack them, and the big one that no one has mentioned--pillow top mattresses. Did you get them?

Jim in Redmond, WA

Jim, My bed was comfortable, but I travel a lot and am used to hotel mattresses. At least on Infinity, the pillow top was added. It was like a pillow top mattress cover, it was not built on to the mattress. Hope you have a great cruise. I had the time of my life. Just docked yesterday, and I am sitting around counting pennies and days off, wondering when I can go again.

More important in considering CC class on Millenium class ships, (Millenium, Constellation, etc.) is the additional 20 square feet of the CC cabin over the non CC cabins. We have experienced both and find that extra space very welcome. Sufficiently inportant that the wives insisted on the CC because of the larger cabin. A personal preference yes.

Aside from the above I do not think the other amenities are worth more than $100 per person.

Hi.Was in a CC on the Century. The room was not a balcony as the cc on century are regular ov. Well, I thought the chilled champagne was nice. the bed was very comfy and the duvet and pillow selection great. the service was not upgraded imho. the canapies were ok, only if you ate the goop on top and disgarded the stale bread. the flowers and fruit were a nice touch. if you don't pay a huge difference in price as compared to a similar non-cc room go for it. we did embark and disembark earlier. this is only my opinion. others vary. deb

I was in CC class on the same cruise as Deb, and I agree with her assessment. If you can get the CC cabin for less than $100 per person then I'd say go for it, it's worth that much, I don't know if I'd pay more than that. Priority embarkation was great, and I loved the mattress pads and better pillows. Deb is also right about the canapes, the stuff on top was good, but the toast was always stale. We liked the flowers and towels, and the beachbag was nice.

Terri

One thing you have to remember on at least the Millennium class ships is that prior to being changed to CC rooms they were the 1A rooms, which are the ones with the best sight lines and on some of the best parts of the ship. When they decided to make the switch, they took the 1As and made them CCs and took the 1Bs and made them the new 1As and so on. From what I saw, it wasn't just the service it was the room as well.

When my wife and I went in January, we did see the benefit of the CC rooms for all of the benefits listed in earlier posts. We got lucky that we reserved a 1A room before they announced the changes, so we were moved up to CC for free. Either way, we thought enough of the upgrade that we reserved a CC room on Constellation on 11/26/05. Just my 2c..

One thing you have to remember on at least the Millennium class ships is that prior to being changed to CC rooms they were the 1A rooms, which are the ones with the best sight lines and on some of the best parts of the ship. When they decided to make the switch, they took the 1As and made them CCs and took the 1Bs and made them the new 1As and so on. From what I saw, it wasn't just the service it was the room as well.

That's what forced us to go CC on our upcoming Zenith cruise. Same cabin as last year, which we loved and had to have again.

Archived