Curling Irons and Straightening Irons? Si or no?

Hey guys,

First time cruiser, about to cruise to the Western Caribbean on the Freedom next week Sunday. I've been reading the forums and there's LOTS of info out there.

Quick question, I established that you can't bring regular irons but what about curling and straightening irons?

Thank you

Hey guys,

First time cruiser, about to cruise to the Western Caribbean on the Freedom next week Sunday. I've been reading the forums and there's LOTS of info out there.

Quick question, I established that you can't bring regular irons but what about curling and straightening irons?

Thank you

Yes, those are allowed.

I always bring mine!

As a tip though, the room steward trys to be helpful by wrapping the cord around the straightener while cleaning up.. which any owner of one of these precious pieces of equipment knows to be a FATAL error. Put it away on you own :)

I've always brought my hair dryer (don't like the ones on the ship), curling iron and flat iron. And those flat iron's get pretty hot!! But I style my hair every day with it... of course, I only mess with my hair in the evening when I'm getting ready for dinner and shows for the night. During the day when I'm at the pool deck or in town, it's in a ponytail!!

Do you want to spend your time enjoying your vacation, or fussing with your hair?

Ahh, words spoken by someone who takes their managable hair for granted ;) If I know I look like crap going to dinner, I'm not going to enjoy my vacation.

Flat irons are very helpful for flattening down small wrinkles in clothes too. I've straightened many wonky polo shirt collars with my CHI! :)

MUSS2K1

I always bring mine on a cruise to control my fly away hair due to the humidity and the wind. If you are sailing on the FOS on May25th join our meet and mingle. Have a great cruise.

I always bring mine!

As a tip though, the room steward trys to be helpful by wrapping the cord around the straightener while cleaning up.. which any owner of one of these precious pieces of equipment knows to be a FATAL error. Put it away on you own :)

Why would that be a fatal error?

Do you want to spend your time enjoying your vacation, or fussing with your hair?

This has to be a man??? If not, do you have hair??:eek: ;) :D I would think that a woman even while on vacation likes to look good.

;)

Why would that be a fatal error?

Where the cord attaches to a Straightener is a swively part that is not very strong. The easiest way to destroy your 200 dollar piece of equipment is to wrap the cord around it...

;)

Where the cord attaches to a Straightener is a swively part that is not very strong. The easiest way to destroy your 200 dollar piece of equipment is to wrap the cord around it...

OH, I never knew that. I guess I have to consider myself lucky that this has never happened to me. Thanks for the heads-up

Archived