Best Western Redondo Beach

Bell Ringer

:confused: We were going to make reservations at the Sunrise Redono Beach BW, but a friend steered us to the one just called Best Western on S. Pacific Coast Hwy. Can anyone give any comments on this one? We will be leaving there to go to the Monarch on a Monday morning.

Do you have the addresses for both?

If you do I can tell you specifically.

But the one that is right next to the Crown Plaza in Redondo Beach (on Harbor I think) right near the Redondo Pier is WAY better location than the one on Pacific Coast Highway. (PCH at that point is not right on the coast)

The PCH one is okay, but why stay on a main busy street away from the ocean, when you can stay in one that is right on the ocean and within walking distance of the Redondo Beach Pier as well as several great restaurants right there?

I hope this helps, I'll check back.

CJW:

BW Redondo is at 1850 S. Pacific Coast Hwy.

BW Sunrise is at 400 N. Harbor Rd

We are also attending a wedding at Wayfarers Chapel and the reception at the LaVenta Inn in Palos Verde over the weekend before we leave for our short cruise. What do you think?

Yep, you're confirming exactly what I thought.

They are not that far from each other, but The Sunrise is right on the marina with a beautiful ocean view.

The Redondo Pier is right across from it.

There are tons of restaurants all within walking distance.

It's a really true Southern California location.

I remember now that you are attending the wedding. The Sunrise, enables you to be a bit more independent and have food and leisurely activities right around your hotel for those times where there are lulls in the wedding activities or you just need your own time and space.

The one on PCH is fine, but it's like a basic Best Western/Holiday Inn Express type deal. It's on a main street with a lot of traffic. No view of the ocean. And, not as many good restaurants nearby (more neighborhood small types).

I've just attended quite a few out of town weddings where if you are the out of town guest, and you can kind of get stuck in your hotel area, or bored at certain points if there is not interesting things right around the hotel. So, I'm going on that standpoint.

Is there a specific reason that they are telling you PCH instead?

(Convenience for them? Some wedding activity is right next door?)

Otherwise, it's not making a lot of sense to me.

Let me know,

l'll keep checking this thread for you to answer any questions.

The wedding couple recommended Sunrise. Friends that are going with us from the east coast (for the wedding and the cruise) and we are renting a van together, just decided that they wanted the price of the cheaper BW. DH and I would have chosen the one that was recommended. I just don't want to be penny wise, pound foolish!Technically, we will only have Sat. dinner after arrival, and breakfast on Sunday and Monday to worry about.

I have done Google earth to watch the roads, and hope it won't be too terrible.

Well then, both the wedding couple and myself are recommending Sunrise.

Does that tell you something?;)

It's just kind of like, why fly all the way out to LA, stay in beautiful Redondo Beach and then stay a few blocks in with no Ocean View or activities next door?

10 years from now, are the few dollars you save going to make a difference?

To me, it's kind of like booking a trip to Hawaii, then staying inside the city where all you see are buildings. And you have to walk or taxi to get to the ocean.

But, that's just the way I think of things and my vacations. It might not be yours.

It may not make a difference to you. Like I said...

The one on PCH is totally fine and decent. There's just nothing special about it. But it's fine.

So, that's the best I can do as far as pros and cons. Hopefully I've explained it well. I guess it just depends on what is important to you, and what you want on this trip.

Depending on you personally either or could be totally fine, or you could get there and wish you chose Sunrise. I'm not sure.:confused:

Those were my thoughts exactly! I am going to be chatting over the subject with our friends because I do believe that we can still get reservations at the Sunrise, and my DH and I will be happier there. Since I have already gotten our friends 2 rate changes for our cruise, I can't imagine that they will be too upset when I show them your messages!

You know this is so great to get help from cross country in just a few hours. Thanks so much. Let me know if you can give any more guidance!

By chance I just happened to run across your thread. We live very close to the Best Western on PCH. If your friends liked the area, you might want to look up the Palos Verdes Inn. It is a few doors down from the BW. We stayed at the Palos Verdes Inn when our house was tented for termites. The third and fourth floor have beautiful ocean views.

The BW and Palos Verdes Inn do have restaurants close by, but the pier is about 2 miles away. The palos verdes Inn is about 1/2 from the beach, so the BW is about 3/4 mile away from the beach, if not closer. I'm not that good at guessing miles, but I'm somewhere in the ballpark. Oh yeah, the reason why I chose the Palos Verdes Inn over the BW when our house was tented was the price was cheaper believe it or not, and I really loved that beautiful ocean view from the fourth floor. Whatever your decision, I don't think you will go wrong with any of them. Have a wonderful trip!

Archived