Hotels in Mobile

Hi, my husband and I are going on our very first cruise in 3 weeks. I have found these boards so helpful and I thank all of you that have responded to my questions. I do however have another question. We are driving to Mobile the day before the cruise and need to book a hotel for the night. Does anyone have any suggestions? We want a decent room, but not something really expensive. We probably won't get to Mobile until around 8p.m. so it wouldn't be worth it for us to spend alot of money. Anybody have any ideas for me?

Are you wanting someplace that will take you to the pier by shuttle and leave your car at the hotel? Or were you planning to drive to the pier and park in the deck there?

We have stayed at a couple of the hotels at Exit 13 - Quality Inn, Holiday Inn Express, etc. - reasonably priced and only 10 mins from the terminal. You could stay somewhere closer - but we like to stay at this exit, enjoy the continental breakfast and drive down to the terminal around 10:30 or so -

There is a wonderful restaurant at this exit as well - Wintzells's Oyster House -

We stayed at the Asbury Inn and Suites. The cost was 75.00 for 4 adults. Very clean comfortable rooms and seemed to be in a safe area. Free parking while on the cruise, breakfast buffet( scrambled egg, breakfast meats, cereal, pastries, milk,juice and coffee) Microwave, fridge and coffee pot in the room.

Hi fierymaiden22

I not sure which direction you are coming from, but if your coming from

I-65 North stay around exit 13 Saraland, Al its a nice area with a place to eat and not to far from the port. If your coming from I-10 east take I-10 to I-65 north to exit 3 airport Blvd, several hotels in this area, stay away from red roof inn and family inn and Motel six.

If you are coming from I-10 west from Fla, try exit 35 Daphne/Spanish fort exit.Nice area not far from port. Post where your coming from and where you plan on staying an I will give you good directions to the port.

jake

I am sailing on the Holiday for Calica and Cozumel June 2nd. :) We are staying at the Radisson and taking their shuttle to the port that Monday morning. Its a little pricey but it seems like a really nice place.

while others here seem to have had better experiences than we did, I could never recommend this hotel. No AC, pool of water in the middle of the floor leaving soggy carpet behind, no towels or coffee, internet that worked in spurts of 2 - 8 seconds before quitting, sink drain that leaked, and a TV that caught on fire. "No other rooms available". I won't even mention the "food" in the restaurant...The worst part was not all of the above, but the attitude of the staff. Still haven't rec'd the promised adjustment to our $159 bill - but hey, it's only been a little over 2 years...

I'm actually coming from Knoxville, TN. We are about 7.5 hours from Mobile. I can't decide it we should pick a hotel that we can also take advantage of leaving our car parked there and using a shuttle to get to the port or if we should park in the garage. I've had several people tell me bad things about the Raddison so I think I'll definitely stay away from that one. Which would you recommend..park at the hotel and use a shuttle or park in the garage?

I'm actually coming from Knoxville, TN. We are about 7.5 hours from Mobile. I can't decide it we should pick a hotel that we can also take advantage of leaving our car parked there and using a shuttle to get to the port or if we should park in the garage. I've had several people tell me bad things about the Raddison so I think I'll definitely stay away from that one. Which would you recommend..park at the hotel and use a shuttle or park in the garage?

We've always parked at the terminal. When it's over and they MAKE us get off the ship, we'd rather just get in the car and head home rather than have to take a shuttle to the hotel -

while others here seem to have had better experiences than we did, I could never recommend this hotel. No AC, pool of water in the middle of the floor leaving soggy carpet behind, no towels or coffee, internet that worked in spurts of 2 - 8 seconds before quitting, sink drain that leaked, and a TV that caught on fire. "No other rooms available". I won't even mention the "food" in the restaurant...The worst part was not all of the above, but the attitude of the staff. Still haven't rec'd the promised adjustment to our $159 bill - but hey, it's only been a little over 2 years...

ROFLMAO!!!!! I'm glad your cruise was a better experience than your hotel stay. :D

Sounds normal to me. You haven't visited Mtn. Home, Arkansas, huh?

We stayed at the Asbury Inn and Suites. The cost was 75.00 for 4 adults. Very clean comfortable rooms and seemed to be in a safe area. Free parking while on the cruise, breakfast buffet( scrambled egg, breakfast meats, cereal, pastries, milk,juice and coffee) Microwave, fridge and coffee pot in the room.

Question did you leave your car at the Asbury? Hubby and I are looking at staying there. I am wondering weather to leave the car or take to the termainal. I do know we are staying another night in Mobile after the cruise. He got some Ol Navy buddys that we are meeting up with on the return. Thank you :o

While researching this for clients of mine, I have discovered that the Wingate by Wyndham, a little further south off of I-65 from Saraland has a complimentary shuttle to the cruise port, and they will pick you up, and you may park your car there for $8 a day while you're gone. They do not charge you for the night you are staying there. It's off of Springhill Avenue at Springhill Plaza, exit 5A. I'm not really too famiiar with Mobile, so if anyone has any concerns about staying in that part of town, please share them with me! Thanks!

While researching this for clients of mine, I have discovered that the Wingate by Wyndham, a little further south off of I-65 from Saraland has a complimentary shuttle to the cruise port, and they will pick you up, and you may park your car there for $8 a day while you're gone. They do not charge you for the night you are staying there. It's off of Springhill Avenue at Springhill Plaza, exit 5A. I'm not really too famiiar with Mobile, so if anyone has any concerns about staying in that part of town, please share them with me! Thanks!

Inexpensive price, but I know the area, my suggestion is stay elsewhere.

I think you will be alot happier.

Inexpensive price, but I know the area, my suggestion is stay elsewhere.

I think you will be alot happier.

Is this the one right next to the west side of the interstate in that shopping center on Springhill? The one that backs up to the tracks that run under the Moffat Rd. exit? I can't believe anyone in their right mind would put a motel there. It's actually not a bad area as just a couple blocks up the street the neighborhoods get pretty high end, but it just looks scary.

The reservation is a nonrefundable one, and I waited to see if anyone would reply and then I booked it for them. Evidently I should have waited a little longer! Hopefully it will be alright for one night's stay and the parking. I will forewarn them that it is truly a "downtown" hotel. I felt okay about it since there are so many nice restaurants, etc. right near it and I felt like they wouldn't put those places in a bad part of town. Would it be safe for them to walk to a restaurant there in that shopping center area?

Is this the one right next to the west side of the interstate in that shopping center on Springhill? The one that backs up to the tracks that run under the Moffat Rd. exit? I can't believe anyone in their right mind would put a motel there. It's actually not a bad area as just a couple blocks up the street the neighborhoods get pretty high end, but it just looks scary.

I beg to differ...I know alot more about good areas and bad areas then you may think.. I get to see waht happens in the real world, not what is see on hte news

The reservation is a nonrefundable one, and I waited to see if anyone would reply and then I booked it for them. Evidently I should have waited a little longer! Hopefully it will be alright for one night's stay and the parking. I will forewarn them that it is truly a "downtown" hotel. I felt okay about it since there are so many nice restaurants, etc. right near it and I felt like they wouldn't put those places in a bad part of town. Would it be safe for them to walk to a restaurant there in that shopping center area?

the closest restaurant to walk to is the waffle house across a parking lot. the rest you will have to drive to the next 2 exits south to get too.. the parking is unsecure with no security guy. it is not what I we call downtown, its about a 10 to 15 min drive to the terminal.

I booked our pre-cruise overnight stay at the following hotel:

Microtel, 29050 U.S. HIGHWAY 98, Daphne Al, which is across the bay from the terminal side right?

I was trying to balance price (this one is $79.00), with a decent location. I heard good things about that side of the bay.

Anyone have any thoughts (positive or negative) on this one? We will be driving and parking at the terminal because after the cruise, I have no desire to hop on a shuttle bus with 60 other people back to some parking lot where my car is.

I am curious to hear some feedback on the hotel I chose.

I booked our pre-cruise overnight stay at the following hotel:

Microtel, 29050 U.S. HIGHWAY 98, Daphne Al, which is across the bay from the terminal side right?

I was trying to balance price (this one is $79.00), with a decent location. I heard good things about that side of the bay.

Anyone have any thoughts (positive or negative) on this one? We will be driving and parking at the terminal because after the cruise, I have no desire to hop on a shuttle bus with 60 other people back to some parking lot where my car is.

I am curious to hear some feedback on the hotel I chose.

Its a good Location...I think you will be happy

Archived