Hotels in Mobile

This is the first bad post I read about the Radisson all others loved it. Anyone have any recent experience with it? I have 2 days booked and don't mind spending the $400 for what appeared to be a nice hotel, secure parking and the shuttle service. But I don't want to pay $400 for a dive.

This is the first bad post I read about the Radisson all others loved it. Anyone have any recent experience with it? I have 2 days booked and don't mind spending the $400 for what appeared to be a nice hotel, secure parking and the shuttle service. But I don't want to pay $400 for a dive.

The Radisson is in no way a "dive". I just got back off the Holiday and spent last Sunday evening there. It is a very nice hotel in my opinion and the people there are very friendly and easy to deal with. I dont think you will be disappointed in any way.

We stayed at the Radisson in March - had 2 rooms. One was OK, 2 doubles and a pull out sofa bed. The other had 2 doubles and a lot of dirt/mold/hair in the drain in the bathroom. We were glad that they did not charge us extra for the dirt :eek: all over the strawberries or the "hockey puck" effect on the danish at the breakfast buffet. Won't be staying there again.

Ewwww we cancelled our reservation last night. After lots of review reading we settled on the Hampton Inn. All the reviewers talked about how CLEAN it was and that's what I'm looking for LOL

So we'll drive to port and park. Glad we changed it now. That's just nasty!

Ewwww we cancelled our reservation last night. After lots of review reading we settled on the Hampton Inn. All the reviewers talked about how CLEAN it was and that's what I'm looking for LOL

So we'll drive to port and park. Glad we changed it now. That's just nasty!

Are you talking about the Hampton Inn in Daphne? If so, I think you'll like it there...the best views of the bay and killer sunsets. I haven't stayed in the Radisson downtown but I'm really surprised to hear negatives about it...it's right across the street from the Saenger Theater and the Government Building so I know a lot of out of towners stay there. But, since I live on the Eastern Shore, I'm kind of partial to MY side of the bay...LOL. Daphne is a nice place and easily accessible to all of the best seafood places on the Causeway (Ed's Seafood Shed, Felix's Fish Camp to name a couple) and only about 10 minutes to the cruise terminal.

Are you talking about the Hampton Inn in Daphne? If so, I think you'll like it there...the best views of the bay and killer sunsets. I haven't stayed in the Radisson downtown but I'm really surprised to hear negatives about it...it's right across the street from the Saenger Theater and the Government Building so I know a lot of out of towners stay there. But, since I live on the Eastern Shore, I'm kind of partial to MY side of the bay...LOL. Daphne is a nice place and easily accessible to all of the best seafood places on the Causeway (Ed's Seafood Shed, Felix's Fish Camp to name a couple) and only about 10 minutes to the cruise terminal.

I don't know if that's the one or not. It's this one by the airport. Is there another one that would have been better?

Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile I-65@ Airport Blvd 1028 West I-65 Service Road South Mobile, AL

Anyone have any opinion on the Renaissance Riverview Plaza Hotel in Mobile? Staying there the night before my cruise with two friends. We want somewhere safe, as we are three 24 yr old females.

Just underwent a 55 million dollar rennovation to bring it up to Rennaisance standards. Very nice. Very safe and a 4 star hotel. Ask for southern facing rooms so you can see the ship when you wake up in the morning. I think you will be very pleased.

What about the Best Western that is right beside that battleship park? Is that a decent hotel? (Clean, good value, good location to the port)?

I am looking for a nice, clean hotel to stay in for 1 night. I'm looking for value as well.

The prices I have received are $122.09 for the BestWestern Battleship Park (all taxes included) and $85.32 for the Microtel Inn in Daphne. That $40 save can be used towards our dinner on the night before. But, I don't want to give up cleanliness and live with the "ewwww" factor to save $40. :P

So, as long as the Microtel Inn is clean, I'm good.

Opinions?

Just underwent a 55 million dollar rennovation to bring it up to Rennaisance standards. Very nice. Very safe and a 4 star hotel. Ask for southern facing rooms so you can see the ship when you wake up in the morning. I think you will be very pleased.

Any opinion on something close to there for a good dinner? We will have a car so we can drive (hopefully not too far or something too complicated to get to!). We're thinking we want to do a good seafood dinner since we're on the coast!

Any opinion on something close to there for a good dinner? We will have a car so we can drive (hopefully not too far or something too complicated to get to!). We're thinking we want to do a good seafood dinner since we're on the coast!

Hop in your car, head through the Bankhead Tunnel (hotel will tell you how to get to it), go out on the Causeway for great seafood (5-10 minutes away)...I would recommend Ed's Seafood Shed (nice outdoor dining deck - great shrimp - great for sunsets on the bay), Felix's Fish Camp (excellent service - a bit pricier), Original Oyster House (always gets good reviews - good delta views), Blue Gill (great dining deck on the delta - good live music).

I don't know if that's the one or not. It's this one by the airport. Is there another one that would have been better?

Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile I-65@ Airport Blvd 1028 West I-65 Service Road South Mobile, AL

The one I'm talking about is across the bay in Daphne...situated on the bay facing west...killer sunsets...10 minutes from the cruise terminal...5 minutes from the Causeway where the best seafood is found:

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=MOBEBHX

Hop in your car, head through the Bankhead Tunnel (hotel will tell you how to get to it), go out on the Causeway for great seafood (5-10 minutes away)...I would recommend Ed's Seafood Shed (nice outdoor dining deck - great shrimp - great for sunsets on the bay), Felix's Fish Camp (excellent service - a bit pricier), Original Oyster House (always gets good reviews - good delta views), Blue Gill (great dining deck on the delta - good live music).

If you want to check out their menus ahead of time:

http://www.edsshed.com/ - this is where we went - it was great!!!

http://www.felixsfishcamp.com/mobile-index.htm

http://www.originaloysterhouse.com/

http://www.bluegillrestaurant.com/

http://www.10best.com/Mobile/Restaurants/Seafood/index.html

Archived