VA to a SZ guarantee

hulamoon

Booking as GTY does give you an edge on upgrades due to the nature of the booking type. We have sailed on HAL approximately 1-2x a year for the past 10 years and have NEVER been upgraded for free or offered one for $$, always with booking where we chose our cabin with one exception. That time we decided to try an outside GTY. We ended up getting the lowest outside category and the worst cabin location (first cabin forward, portholes). So upgrade opportunities are not as frequent as one tends to believe from reading the upgrade stories on this board no matter how you book. Happy Sailing!

Thanks 1cruilvr - Makes sens then to keep what I know is good thing and hope for the best!:) Any balcony is a good balcony for us.

Thank you all very much for your assistance. For us it was a huge task just to choose which cruise line, date and ports. So by the time multiple lines and ships have been reviewed it was impossible to keep track of what each room code meant.

When I first got the call I didn't know if I was being offered a winning lottery suite ticket or if I was trying to be dislodged from my comfortable port VA room!:o

Our TA told us this morning to not recheck in just to show in Barcelona and get the new assignment. So we may be the confused ones at the check in site.

We are leaving tonight, and can't wait to see what this HAL experience will be and what the suite deal is.

We are leaving tonight, and will see you all on the sea.

Archived