Specific Help Needed For St. Petersburg On Jewel

We are a group of 30 people leaving on the Jewel on May 28 for the Baltics. My question has to do with St. Petersburg.

We are dividing the group and taking two separate Denrus customized tours. We understand we can disembark as soon as immigration opens and meet our guides before the large ship tours can get themselves all organized and down to immigration. My questions are these:

1. Where does immigration set up on the Jewel?

2. Where can a group our size meet to be able to zip through immigration and get off the ship to meet our guides so as not to get stuck in large groups of people who are on the ship's tours. We understand this is standard procedure for meeting the Denrus guides, but I need to announce to our group at a meeting Monday where they should meet us.

Thanks for your help, everyone. Cruise Critic has solved so many problems for me.

The Russian Immigration is in a shed about 10meters from the gangway, right past the band of old men playing "When the Saints Go Marching In".

It is easier for your group(s) to leave the ship individually, with passport and photocopy in hand, and go straight thru Immigration. Takes only a minute. Then, out the other door you will find your guide(s) holding a sign with your name on it.

Piece of cake. Enjoy a very beautiful city and memorable tour.

THANK YOU! This relieves my mind. I am responsible for a group that is made up of some new travelers and definitely new cruisers--all seniors. We have our last meeting this afternoon, so your reply came right on time. I thought it would be best to meet ahead of time in case anyone forgot their ticket or needed help inside, but we'll do as you say. Maybe just one of us will stay inside to help any stragglers. You are a lifesaver!!

dito it was really a breeeze. But do wake your bunch at 6:00am and make sure they are all at the gangway around 7:00am that will help you beat the crowd!!!!!

Another thing is to help keep this lot on their toes is to have a late pigggy bank.everyone who is late has to pay 1USD per mintue they are late into the pig at the end of the week you spilt it and if there is enough in it pay everyone a drink. I garantee you most folks will only be late once on this trip.

Archived