february sailing

deeolasingh

Hello we just booked a bahama cruise on the Gem for Feb 21, 09 out of NYC and was wondering if someone can share their experience with as far as the voyage goes... were the seas rough I have heard that all cruise that sail out of NYC to the caribbean seem to be rougher than one's that originate in the caribbean. is this true... I did sail once from the carib to nyc and was caught in a wicked storm.... but the captain said that it was unusual and that it was a freak storm.. I would love to hear your experience...

Hello we just booked a bahama cruise on the Gem for Feb 21, 09 out of NYC and was wondering if someone can share their experience with as far as the voyage goes... were the seas rough I have heard that all cruise that sail out of NYC to the caribbean seem to be rougher than one's that originate in the caribbean. is this true... I did sail once from the carib to nyc and was caught in a wicked storm.... but the captain said that it was unusual and that it was a freak storm.. I would love to hear your experience...

Hi you are going to love the Gem:) We cruised this past Feb on the Gem and the weather was not great we did have a rough ride we were rockin! But then the cruise after us had smooth sailing. I would go again in Feb in a heart beat same could have happened in July :) Read my review below.

Have a great cruise!

We sailed out of NYC on the Dawn on March 1, 2007 for the Caribbean. Interestingly enough, we also went through a freak storm. My wife had the behind-the-neck patch and I don't get seasick so we thought it was exciting to see the huge waves. These ships are well stabilized so the ride never got really rough. A lot of people did get seasick but it really wasn't bad!

I've gone in February several times.

Generally, the seas are not bad.

However, the days at sea are cold and no one sits out on deck.

That said, this year on the day back, it WAS nice and people were sitting outside. But, that is the exception, not the rule.

Best part: If you don't fly to the port, you don't have to worry whether a blizzard will cancel your cruise.

Thanks to all of you that responded.... I cant wait to get aboard... I will be my first time cruising with NCL.... how is this cruise for kids ages 12 and 7??

This cruise will be perfect for them we cruised with two 12 year old boys and one 9 year old boy. They all loved the Kids Crew good thing! This is a great itinerary for kids Orlando and the Atlantis. The great thing about the Gem is they have lots to do indoors Bowling was so much fun!

I've gone in February several times.

Generally, the seas are not bad.

However, the days at sea are cold and no one sits out on deck.

That said, this year on the day back, it WAS nice and people were sitting outside. But, that is the exception, not the rule.

Best part: If you don't fly to the port, you don't have to worry whether a blizzard will cancel your cruise.

So if theres a snow storm the ship still sails??? I only have cruise 2xs and both times where out of san juan so then my only concern was gettin out of the city to PR but I always booked a flight for two days before the cruise so it gave me enough time just in case....

So if theres a snow storm the ship still sails???

You bet - Two years ago in Feb. NYC had a record 21" of snow the day the Dawn sailed from NYC. Those sailing from FL had a real problems because planes didn't fly. I would much rather enjoy my first couple of days onboard a ship in cool/cold weather then sleeping on an airport floor. :D

You bet - Two years ago in Feb. NYC had a record 21" of snow the day the Dawn sailed from NYC. Those sailing from FL had a real problems because planes didn't fly. I would much rather enjoy my first couple of days onboard a ship in cool/cold weather then sleeping on an airport floor. :D

Im with ya... Im glad Im not flying in Im driving in... it takes a little under 2 hours from where I am in fact me and dh decide to get the commuter bus and then a cab from the port authority to the port which is only a few blocks away

Archived