Norwegian Sky Out To Bahamas

lmreddin

Hello. I am looking at the "Kids Sail Free" deals for September on the Norwegian Sky out of Miami. Wondering if I could get a seven day cruise by booking back to back. Do you think the cruise line would have a problem with that?

Thank you.

Hello. I am looking at the "Kids Sail Free" deals for September on the Norwegian Sky out of Miami. Wondering if I could get a seven day cruise by booking back to back. Do you think the cruise line would have a problem with that?

Thank you.

I'm sure NCL would not have a problem with a B2B, nor with a B2B2B. But you'll be seeing most ports twice with the Sky.

Thank you.

I booked this sailing on 8/11 and it was sold out in days except for OS Cabins..Don't wait too long or you may miss out.

I booked this sailing on 8/11 and it was sold out in days except for OS Cabins..Don't wait too long or you may miss out.

Tell me about it! I booked the very first day for the Sky's first sailing out on 7/14/08 and the suite I wanted was gone within minutes. I was disappointed but at least I got an aft balcony which is always a great choice. :)

I know these things sell out fast, but I'm undecided since the Sky isn't the best ship for kids. I don't care about seeing the same port twice. I'll just stay on the ship and enjoy that.

Why is the Sky not the best ship for kids? We are taking our 5 year old and hope this is not the case. Now granted this is not a week long cruise ship, but you'd have to believe if NCL is offering "Kids Free" the Star would have ample things for the kids. Anyone else take their kids on the star? Anyone going on the 2.0 upgraded Star in the coming months please let us know.

Don't worry about it. There will be plenty for him to do. I am taking my 11 year old, who likes to be busy, and I'm just thinking that I should probably take him on a ship that really caters to kids. This may be the only cruise I can ever take him on.

Don't worry about it. There will be plenty for him to do. I am taking my 11 year old, who likes to be busy, and I'm just thinking that I should probably take him on a ship that really caters to kids. This may be the only cruise I can ever take him on.

I took my kids on the Sky about 7 years ago (they were 12) on an Alaska cruise. Granted, in this incarnation we don't know yet how good the kids club will be, but my boys had so much fun we had to force them off when in port. (hummm-the kids club must've operated when in port then, I wouldn't count on that being the case at all now)

I took my kids on the Sky about 7 years ago (they were 12) on an Alaska cruise. Granted, in this incarnation we don't know yet how good the kids club will be, but my boys had so much fun we had to force them off when in port. (hummm-the kids club must've operated when in port then, I wouldn't count on that being the case at all now)

Just so you know, there is childcare available while in port. It isn't the free type, it's $5.00 an hour from the hours of 9-5 (or 6, can't recall at the moment). Just be sure to reserve space the night before you reach the port. We have 3 port stops on our upcoming cruise and we'll be using the childcare while in port option on 2 of those stops since our excursions are not child friendly ones. CAN'T WAIT to have some time alone with my hubby!

Luckily I have one of those kids that ADORES the kid's club. On our last cruise which was the 1 night cruise aboard the Sun the VERY first thing ot of his mouth after he woke up in the morning was, "I want to go play with my friends again." LOL, I had to tell him "sorry kiddo, it's actually time to get off the ship already but we'll come back REAL soon.":)

Just so you know, there is childcare available while in port. It isn't the free type, it's $5.00 an hour from the hours of 9-5 (or 6, can't recall at the moment). Just be sure to reserve space the night before you reach the port.

That's OK, they turn 20 in a couple weeks, so I doubt if they're interested anymore ;)

You should've sailed with us 7 years ago, it was free then, would've saved you a few $ LOL

I would think that since they are running a promotion that is specifically tailored for people with children that they will have plenty of activities for the little ones. In fact, when I saw that promo, it kind of bummed me out. Not that I dont adore children, because I do, I just like them when they belong to other people and get to go home......

Thank you.

I made a B2B reservation beginning July 28. It was difficult to get the same cabin but we did manage to get a category ii (superior insdie). We would have liked a balconey but they were all gone for the 4 of us.

We're booked on the Sky for 8/25 but my kids keep asking to go on Carnival as they see the commercial with the new waterworks area!!! I keep telling them that a cruise is better than no cruise as the Carnival prices are too much for us! Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll upgrade the kids area on Sky while she is in drydock!:p

Archived