GC weather in Feb

MrsBtoBe

I checked the avg temp and its 81 high/73 low. Forgive my ignorance but is this warm enough to be considered beach weather? I would be crushed if it's too cool to soak up the sun.

What are your past experiences for this time of year??

• 2 weeks later...
I checked the avg temp and its 81 high/73 low. Forgive my ignorance but is this warm enough to be considered beach weather? I would be crushed if it's too cool to soak up the sun.

What are your past experiences for this time of year??

The water can be a little cool this time of year, but if the sun is shining, you should be fine. We went once in December, and had great weather for half the week, and then a cold front came through, and dropped temps into the low 70's and it was very windy. We had to stay off the beach for one day, and the next day it was still cloudy and the water was almost too cool to swim.

We usually go to GC in mid-January to the beginning of Feb. (although we were there once over New year's) and maybe we've just been lucky, but we love the weather there that time of year, and we've had no problems with water temps. We do spend a lot of time in the water while we're down there. We just love it there, which is why we now do land vacations there. :)

We were there in Feb 06 (Explorer of the Seas). Weather was beautiful, water was great. We did the Rays, Reef and Rum Point excursion with NativeWay, best excursion of the week.

We were there in Feb 06 (Explorer of the Seas). Weather was beautiful, water was great. We did the Rays, Reef and Rum Point excursion with NativeWay, best excursion of the week.

We did a similar tour (not with Native Way) this past February, and the water was wonderful. On shore, the sun was very warm - great beach weather!

Archived