1st Cruise - Fantasy - 21 Days - So Excited!!!

willbecruising

Okay, I must share my excitement with people that LOVE cruising! I have been lurking on cruise/travel boards for months now. I also have a trip to London planned (excited about that too), but I must say the CC'ers are the nicest and most helpful bunch of folks I've encountered!

Anyhow, I somehow lost my enthusiam for this cruise the last couple of months because of the hurricanes (god bless those in Florida, the Gulf Coast and East regions affected). I was so afraid of seasickness and being caught "near" the storm, but let's just say I'm now well-prepared with patches, dramamine, bonine, meclizine, phenergan, ginger, peppermint, apples and crackers! LOL! All suggestions from this board! If anyone needs motion sickness meds on my cruise just come to my room.

But now the seas are calm and I'm totally excited, and definitely in the right frame of mind! I am looking so forward to this cruise. Thank you for letting me share!

Just relax and you'll have a great time. I was on the Fantasy in 2002 and it was awesome! Probably one of my all time favorite cruises. I know there were several people that complained of feeling seasick but I honestly never even really felt the boat moving. It will probably be much better than you're expecting. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Okay, I must share my excitement with people that LOVE cruising! I have been lurking on cruise/travel boards for months now. I also have a trip to London planned (excited about that too), but I must say the CC'ers are the nicest and most helpful bunch of folks I've encountered!

Anyhow, I somehow lost my enthusiam for this cruise the last couple of months because of the hurricanes (god bless those in Florida, the Gulf Coast and East regions affected). I was so afraid of seasickness and being caught "near" the storm, but let's just say I'm now well-prepared with patches, dramamine, bonine, meclizine, phenergan, ginger, peppermint, apples and crackers! LOL! All suggestions from this board! If anyone needs motion sickness meds on my cruise just come to my room.

But now the seas are calm and I'm totally excited, and definitely in the right frame of mind! I am looking so forward to this cruise. Thank you for letting me share!

You might also want to add sea bands to your supplies....Have a great cruise, we sailed on the Fantasy in May and had a blast

We too will be on our first cruise on the Fantasy in December. We are soooo excited. This board has been awesome and very informative, although I still have lots of questions. Please post your review when you get back. Have a great time and Happy Cruising!!

Congrats for going on your first cruise. After this, you won't want to travel any other way.

We are going on the Legend in 2 weeks (10/26/04) and I have had people tell me that I shouldn't go because of the hurricanes. That does not worry me at all because I know that the captain is not going to deliberately sail right into a hurricane. They try to avoid them. My sister and brother-in-law went on a cruise and the captain diverted around a bad storm (not sure if it was a hurricane) and the stupid storm changed course and turned around and chased them! Just looking at the brief video that my brother-in-law got to take it was bad.

But don't worry about the storms. If you are afraid of getting sea sick, get the patch from your doctor.

:D

Archived