Public Transportation from FLL to Miami

For my January 2005 cruise out of Miami, I decided to fly into FLL because it was much cheaper. However, now I am having trouble finding a cheap way to Miami from FLL. We are going a day early, so the cruise line transfers won't help.

Options such as taking a taxi or limo service seem to be pretty expensive (plus I'm too young to rent a car) so I was just wondering if anybody ever took the public transportation services (Tri-Rail, MetroRail, MetroMover, etc) to get from FLL to their hotel in Miami. I had looked into it and it's super cheap, just though I'd like to get some input from anybody who had any experience with it...

Thanks!

Have never done the public transit thing, but have read several accounts of it. We alomost always fly to FLL as it's some much cheaper. I personally don't think its worth the hassle to have to change transit systems that many times, and we always fly in the morning of our cruise, so we just want to get to Miami. One option is to get a shared ride. It's about $15/person I believe. Look into Tri-County Transporation or I think there is a link on the FLL website. You can also find them immediately outside the baggage claim area. Look for the guy with a white shirt with red emblem at a kiosk. No reservation is required.

Good luck,

Jay

Archived