Waterproof Camera Bag

flamomo

Has anyone tried these?

I have a 3 year old digital camera that I really don't want to replace because I like it and it takes great pictures. The cost of a waterproof case specifically for that camera is well over $200. I've seen the bags online, and wonder how well they work. Are they REALLY waterproof (I realize that it's just to 15 feet, but won't matter for me).

I have never used one of the bags, but I can tell you that the waterproof housing are well worth the price. I purchased a digital camera and the waterproof housing right after we returned from Tahiti last time. The reason being, I sailed with a friend that had one, and not only the pictures were great, but he took the camera everywhere without worry. Rain, snorkeling, diving, it totally protected the camera and he got the best shots of the cruise.

After he sent me a CD of all the pictures of our cruise, it was first on my list to buy.

It was one of the best camera investments I have made in years.

Before our cruise last summer I purchased a package deal (Sony) from a local photo shop. It was a small digital camera with an underwater housing. It did cost about $200 but I'm really glad I did it. I only use it for underwater shooting and I'll have it for a long time to come. And, the ability to shoot all I want and edit at home was great.

Thanks, drpad, for speaking about your success with waterproof camera bags. As I said in the original post, I really don't want to replace my current camera, especially at the expense of adding a waterproof housing.

I'm glad to know you had a good experience with the bags.

Archived