Kids and a Sofabed?

dmlm1995

We are a family of 4 (twins age 5) that are looking into booking our next cruise on Liberty of the Seas. We are not sure about the pullman beds or rooms with a sofabed. On our past cruises we have usually booked two adjoining inside staterooms which provided the space and sleeping comfort for the kids. Can the sofabed hold two children (about 30lbs each) or does it only sleep one?

If you have a cabin meant to sleep 4, you shouldn't have a problem. We sailed last year with 10 and 12 yo boys together on the sofa bed in our JS cabin. We asked for an egg crate topper for it since it is a bit hard. Our boys were so tired, they slept like babies! Good luck and enjoy!

We were in a triple room last year on the Carnival Victory. My 11 year old daughter stayed on the sofabed, she never complained and the room attendent "made it" every day for her. She is about 90 pounds and had plenty of room.

We sailed LOS in February. At night, the room attendant turned down the sofa bed. It was nearly as big as ours!! You have to sort of "dance around it", but not too bad. We put the coffee table out on the balcony. Btw, we had a D1 balcony stateroom. DS6 weighs over 60 lbs himself, and we could sit/lay on there with him, and didn't feel like it was going to give out (we're not small, either;)) I was VERY pleased with the amount of room we had in our cabin. Happy sailing!

If the JS holds 4 and lists a sofa bed...then this is what it will look like. Some ships/cabins have a sofa that does not fold out. But in those cabins, they only sleep 2 or 3, not 4.

But on Liberty, I did book a JS with a fold out sofa that held 4.

On Freedom, the sofa looks like this (this is a GS but it looks the same in a JS)

The sofa closed...

IMG_0713.jpg

The sofa unfolded, it's a full sized bed.

IMG_0734.jpg

The kids sleeping on each other...lol!

IMG_0859.jpg

• 2 months later...
can 2 yr old twins- 26lbs fit on the sofa bed on RC Mariner in cat D1 balcony? thanks

Once again, IF the cabin capacity is listed as 4 and there is not a pullman listed on the cabin's deck plans, then the sofa will sleep 2 young kids. It will be the same as pictured above. :)

We have a D1 on RCCL Indy...we have a sofa bed that will sleep our two kids. :D

We are a family of 4 (twins age 5) that are looking into booking our next cruise on Liberty of the Seas. We are not sure about the pullman beds or rooms with a sofabed. On our past cruises we have usually booked two adjoining inside staterooms which provided the space and sleeping comfort for the kids. Can the sofabed hold two children (about 30lbs each) or does it only sleep one?

We just got back from the Liberty of the Seas yesterday (it was great, by the way)... we had a stateroom for 4 with the sofa bed, and my 5 & 7 year old did fine sleeping on the sofa bed together. It is hard to move around it at night, so make sure that your stateroom attendant folds it back up in the morning (my sister's did not... even after they asked him to).

My girls are both as big as I am, and they were fine on the sofabed -- of course, they were exhausted every evening from all they did during the day!

I like the pullman bunks better than the sofabed, but I'm pretty sure that the only Royal cabins that sleep four /have pullman bunks are insides. If that's what you want anyway, then you're set.

Archived