Another Century Transatlantic Review

Deeliteful

Attached link for my review.

Happy to answer any questions.

Pat

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=41977.

Hi, Pat,

I actually posted a question to you on someone else's review thread, not realizing you had one also. My question there was about a liquor package?

Thanks for such a great review! I did wonder about the CC events you mentioned, such as the wine tasting and the pub crawl. Was that prearranged with the ship or just informally in your roll call? Is it something people on our CC roll call could also arrange for our cruise? It sounded interesting!

Thanks!

Maria

Hi Maria

What was your question about the liquor package?

The CC events were organised by people on our roll call. They confirmed bar openings etc., with the cruise director but the wine tasting was a lot more problematic! After various conversations with the cruise director who told our group categorically that nowhere was available in the afternoons (and we didn't want a wine tasting a.m.) he finally gave us Michael's Club at 2.30 p.m. on the final afternoon.

We had a 2nd CC meeting where a number of people complained about the fact that we could not get a venue for the tasting and the captain intervened and voila we got a venue! Great delegation.

Enjoy your cruise.

Pat

Hi Pat,

I did read it and loved it. You did a lovely review. We are doing the transatlantic in December for the return. I hope we have as much fun as you did going over.

Debbie

Thanks all for your thanks! Nice to know that the review gets read.

Maria - X offer various Bon Voyage packages on their web site so that you can order wine, champagne or a liquor package to be in your stateroom on your arrival.

I ordered two bottles of wine and a vodka and tonic package (comes with a box of mixed nuts). I took one bottle of wine to dinner and one to the wine tasting. I drank very little of the vodka so had to take it home!!!

They are quite pricey but not over the top if you compare prices to hotel mini bars or room service. The mini bar is well stocked too but I preferred the Martini Bar!

Pat

Thank you so much for a great review!! I'll be on the Century next week with my hubby and three teen daughters. We can't wait!

Do you have an photos of the cabin? Ours are very close to where yours was and I'd just like a peek of what to expect.

Archived