Around the Seabourn Water Cooler... Off topic and fun posts here!- Updated

Host Dan

• 3 weeks later...
For those cruisers who may be starting or stopping their cruise in Barcelona:

http://www.parlafood.com/the-barcelona-binge/

Also, American Express have an arrangement with the HN hotel chain who have hotels in Barcelona which may be of interest to cruisers:

http://www.nh-hotels.com/nh/en/hotels/spain/barcelona.html?action=search&stype=default&fini=&fout=&nadults1=2&nchilds1=0&services=&maxPrice=&searchLauncher=home&stext=

I would like to invite you to join my group "Seabourn Friends" on facebook (if you are a facebook member/user). It is absolutely safe and no competition to Cruise Critic!

I just need some action there at the moment, because otherwise the group will be "archived" instead of "upgraded" and I will lose all my friends:eek:!

Thanks in advance!

Marja

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone has their own preferences, but for me, I won't be going back to Crystal until they adopt flexible "anytime dining" and get rid of the silly reservation system they now have.

The flexibility of deciding when to eat and, who to eat with, while you are having your pre-dinner libation is true luxury. Eating at a set time or making decisions early in the day is not my cup of tea.

Everyone has their own preferences, but for me, I won't be going back to Crystal until they adopt flexible "anytime dining" and get rid of the silly reservation system they now have.

The flexibility of deciding when to eat and, who to eat with, while you are having your pre-dinner libation is true luxury. Eating at a set time or making decisions early in the day is not my cup of tea.

Thank you for sharing this... I had not looked into that yet! In that case.... we'll stick with Seabourn;)!

Marja

Jane, do you or any other traveler have a recommendation on luggage...one that is very lightweight. We have had our Hartmans so long and we need to replace the large one that is wonderful but is too big and weighs too much. Does anyone have a recommendation? I have some of Rick Steves that I have had for 10 years and still using but my husband needs a lighter weight and not so bigIIII

hi Nancy, I agree. I ditched my Hartmann a while ago. I bought several items from Eagle Creek luggage. I like it every much. One bag is large and it's the one I send, I cannot manage it myself if it's full. I have two smaller carry-ons, one I check occasionally. Then a small duffle which can double as a purse and/or overnighter. I bought them on sale, discontinued items, but they all match. (Grey and wine). They get good reviews. The larger suitcase remains packed, I just send it on ahead and then send the items for pressing when I get onboard.

http://www.eaglecreek.com/bags_luggage/