C&A Survey

I received an email asking me to participate in a Crown & Anchor survey yesterday. I did the survey today and it took quite a while - I'd say about 20 minutes.

Did any other CCers get this? I searched the forum and didn't find any other threads on this subject.

Happy sailing,

Susan

Live Life,

Did the survey you got ask about other cruise lines' loyalty programs and what features you would like to see added/changed in C&A? I thought it was interesting that it asked if you would prefer a program with levels based on number of days rather than number of cruises.

Happy sailing,

Susan

Live Life,

Did the survey you got ask about other cruise lines' loyalty programs and what features you would like to see added/changed in C&A? I thought it was interesting that it asked if you would prefer a program with levels based on number of days rather than number of cruises.

Happy sailing,

Susan

My survey had all that you mentioned, but I don't remember if they asked if I would prefer a program based on number of days rather than number of cruises. It was almost 4 months ago, so some details may be hazy.

I received that email on Friday. It did ask if I'd prefer the status to be alloted by the # of days instead of by cruises. It took me about 15 minutes to answer all of the questions and I felt they really asked many of the questions more than once -- just by changing a few words here and there.

I received that email on Friday. It did ask if I'd prefer the status to be alloted by the # of days instead of by cruises. It took me about 15 minutes to answer all of the questions and I felt they really asked many of the questions more than once -- just by changing a few words here and there.

Hmmmmmm, sounds like changes may be coming to the loyalty program very soon. What a surprise.... ;)

I got the survey Friday too. It started out asking if you belong to any other loyalty programs and then they compared them to RCI. They did repeat themselves a couple of times but in slightly different wording. All about loyalty programs and what you like best or would like best. You had to pick the 5 things you liked best and the 5 things you liked least.

Some choices were about priority embarkation, lounges to wait in departing, concierge priviliges, money off booking, points for amount days of a cruise or just the cruise no matter the amount of days, coupon booklets. Most of which we have, but the points thing looks like they want to switch to number of days cruised rather than how many cruises.

But if their system can't handle how many actual cruises you took, how well is going to handle calculating the days?? :confused:

But you do get some credit for longer cruises. So the current system accomodates both - those who can't take the longer cruises and those who have the time to go btb or 12 days or longer.

They already give extra points for cruisers booking suites, are they going to take that away?

Plus there is the problem of implementing. Do I lose points because shorter cruises accomodates my schedule better? If someone is D+ because they took a number of 3 nighters and booked suites everytime, would they lose their status?

A person who becomes platinum on shorter cruises has had to make the determination to cruise with RCL 5 times. If they go to a days system, a person could conceivably become platinum by making the choice 1 or 2 times.

Sounds like a pretty bad can of worms. :eek:

It’s unlikely that they’ll decrease anyone’s current status. Making a move like that would, IMHO, be akin to shooting themselves in the foot !

Those who don’t have easy access to a port are less likely to take the short cruises. Seems like they’re listening to the people who book the 7 day cruises and feel like they’re being cheated because they get only 1 credit while those who do the 3 & 4 nighters get 2 points for the same number of days. The cost of taking a 3 & 4 night appears to be less than the cost of a 7 as well, so that rubs even more.

I imagine they’re also looking at what these perks actually cost them in lost revenue. With so many more people cruising, the repeater parties, discounts, and concierge lounge have got to be having an impact on the bottom line.

They’ve decreased the C & A benefits a couple of times already. If they take away much more, there won’t be any incentive to stay with them so now they’re going to try it from a different angle. No matter what they do, they’re going to have unhappy people who feel they’re not being treated fairly. They can’t make everyone happy so they need to do what they think will be best for the company and the majority of it’s customers.

And nobody here on this thread yet has mentioned the aspect of combining with Celebrity and Azamara, which was also featured in the hypothetical questions. The repetition factor in the survey that has been mentioned a couple times, in my view, was from asking questions in isolation, one issue at a time, but then asking an overall question, presenting you with questions along the lines of "which of these total programs would you prefer" and then listing the 4-5 features that were the topics of the preceding 4-5 questions. I know I had some different answers when the question was just on one issue than when it was a whole package--for me, if the only question is should they combine the Celebrity and the Royal Caribbean programs, my answer is yes. When they present a combined program that has other features that do not favor my travel patterns, then I answer no.

Archived