QM 2 Spa treatments

rambler-dhaka

This is the link to the Canyon Ranch website for the QM2. http://www.canyonranch.com/spaclubs/qm2-spa-club.aspx

Under the 'Book your Services' link you can download a PDF copy of the Menu of Services. Also a Spa Passport is a daily pass to use the hydrptherpay pool, steam rooms etc. It can be purchased for 1, 3, 5 or 10 days. Prices are in the Menu and start from $40 for 1 day.

I hope that helps. It's a great spa and I'm sure you'll love it.

Eddie

Please be aware that whatever price list you get hold of onshore may not reflect the actual charges that apply on the ship. It seems that Canyon Ranch on the ship does not work off any of these prices onshore. I had a major row with the Spa Manager over being notified (after receiving confirmation of treatment bookings made before we left after we boarded the ship and their price) that we faced a price increase for our treatments the next day. I complained to the Grills Concierge about this 'sharp practice' and later received a phone call from the Spa Manager who, in a most unconciliatory manner, asked me if we still wanted the treatments. When I asked what the price increase was, she told me "20% - take it or leave it". I was so angry but, because we were looking forward to the treatments, confirmed the booking, but curtailed all further expenditure in the spa. The annoying thing was that when we got home I checked the price of our treatment booked before we left and the increase was $5 not 20%!!!!

When my travel agent asked me about the cruise I mentioned this one low point (all the rest were raves) and she asked me to write it so that she could forward it to Carol Marlow. Needless to say I have heard nothing. A shame how one very rude manager can result in depths of ill will towards the Canyon Ranch ship operation!

I too highly recommend the spa, but give some thoughts on the matter. First off, pre-book what you want done, I cannot recommend that more. The prices you find online are subject to change, but keep in mind, they won't change more than $20.00 for the most expensive treatment (at least that is what history indicates).

Second, the spa is relatively small for the ship size, not to say you will think it is small, but spa treatment times can fill up quickly, particularly on days at sea. Don't plan on negotiating with them on prices, if you don't like it, they will cancel your treatment and book someone else. If you receive a treatment and feel it was not up to par, discuss with your spa professional and then with the spa manager, they will work with you on options.

Third, know exactly what you want, but communicate that with the staff before they begin. Do not assume you are on the same page, different therapists are qualified at different levels.

Fourth, when you board, you may find a confirmation in your stateroom of your treatments, but pay a visit to the spa in person. Go to the desk on deck 7 and tell them you want to confirm your treatments. Easiest way to do this from your cabin is walk all the way forward to the A Stairwell and go to deck 7. There you will find the spa desk and services. If you are looking for a beauty treatment, get off on deck 8, the desk is located just one floor up from the spa.

Lastly, enjoy. Don’t book anything back to back as you may feel rushed. Most treatments include the pools for the day, but if they don’t, buy the pass for a few days, you will be glad you did.

Happy sailing…

LinerFanatic

I have checked the spa prices on the Canyon Ranch link and realize that you are paying for the onboad experience, but really!!!

If you never experience these treatments, as part of your daily life, by all means, go for it. But if you, like me, are lucky enough to "indulge" at home with a favorite practioner, why in the world would you pay those prices for a few minutes with a stranger?

You would be much better off saving your money and using it to establish yourself with someone at home that gets to know you and your likes and dislikes and, more importantly, has a vested interest in pleasing you so that you return.

I checked the price of a Thai massage and it was much more than I pay (monthly) for a true Thai massage with a certified Thai therapist trained in Thailand. Same goes for manicure, pedicure, etc.

And I live in the Washington DC area...not inexpensive.

Just a thought,

Judy

Is there any site where I can go and see a list of spa treatments available on QM 2 and their prices? Also I would appreciate if someone could tell me what a "Spa Passport" is.

Thanks in advance!

Here is a copy of the four-page Canyon Ranch Spa Menu of Services from the QM2 in January. As far as I know, everyone who used the spa loved it.

I have checked the spa prices on the Canyon Ranch link and realize that you are paying for the onboad experience, but really!!!

As one who enjoys to do a variety of things, I have to admit the point is well take about pricing. If you compare a local day spa pricing or those services available to you at a local strip mall vs. those of Canyon Ranch, the prices are higher at a Canyon Ranch Spa. However, if you take a moment to compare similar services of QM2's spa with other Canyon Ranch Facilities, they are not charging a premium for being on board.

All my point is, like anything, we can always opt for other ways to spend our money, from spa treatments to vacation alternatives. If you want an enjoyable experience, and if you have selected to sail aboard the QM2, or any Cunard ship, that answer is most likely yes, they won't disappoint.

Enjoy...

LinerFanatic

• 2 months later...

I'm going on a 12 nights B2B TA crossing and looking at spa pass but I have some questions.

If I buy a 5 day pass, can I use it on non-consecutive days or they have to be consecutive?

Also, it seems like there are so many things to do on the ship, I wonder if a 5-day pass is worth it or if I will feel the obligation to skip other things to go to the spa to get my money worth out of the pass. Maybe a 3 day pass would be enough but it's only 20$ more for the 5 days... I don't know what to do.

Is the spa crowded at all? Is it a nice place to read too?

I'm going on a 12 nights B2B TA crossing and looking at spa pass but I have some questions.

If I buy a 5 day pass, can I use it on non-consecutive days or they have to be consecutive?

Also, it seems like there are so many things to do on the ship, I wonder if a 5-day pass is worth it or if I will feel the obligation to skip other things to go to the spa to get my money worth out of the pass. Maybe a 3 day pass would be enough but it's only 20$ more for the 5 days... I don't know what to do.

Is the spa crowded at all? Is it a nice place to read too?

Hi Julie,

So happy you were able to book your back to back crossing. I know how much you wanted to sail on the QM2. Now your dream is coming true!

I would go to the spa on the first day and ask what the price would be for a spa pass for the full 12 days. Sometimes you can get quite a bargain. If you buy a 3 or 5 day spa pass, they do have to be used on consecutive days.

I think the spa on the QM2 is the most relaxing place on the ship. I have never thought about reading there, but there are certainly places that you could do that. I have never seen the spa crowded, but I haven't been fortunate enough to sail on a crossing in many years. My experiences have been on cruises.

On embarkation day, there will be tours of the spa. Take advantage of the tour and see how you feel about spending time there. Remember to ask about a special price if you book for the full crossing or for both crossings. If you can get a really good price on the spa pass, you won't be as concerned about how much time you spend there. You are correct. There are so many things to do each day on the ship. Is the spa pass right for you? Only you can make that decision.

Have a wonderful time on both voyages. Please give us a report on your trip when you return home.

Beth

Thank you Beth for your kind comment, yes, you're right, my dream is coming true (I have a hard time to believe it, I think I will wake up and was only dreaming again!)

I will definitely tour the spa on the first day and see what they offer. I heard that the second segment of the B2B was marketted in UK as kids sail free so I guess a spa pass for that time would be a good way to enjoy a kid free environment if needed (the spa is adults-only I hope?).

Having read all the positive and negative comments about the spa, I am really keen on booking some treatments. Can we pre-book the treatments online before embarkation? If so, what is the website for online booking?

I note from the spa menu that the prices include 10% gratuity. Do people tip on top of that and how much more is the norm?

Archived