Best Route from Central PA to Brooklyn Pier

jjgarv2

What have been epople's best experiences with routes....Turnpike to NJ turnpike and up? Or 78 East and down through the Nwerak as advised from Yahoo.

Thanks for any tips.....

NJ Turnpike up to the Goethals Bridge and then across Staten Island into Brooklyn over the Verrazano Bridge and then follow signs to the Brooklyn Battery tunnel and get off at the last exit before the tunnel and follow signs to cruise port.

What have been epople's best experiences with routes....Turnpike to NJ turnpike and up? Or 78 East and down through the Nwerak as advised from Yahoo.

Thanks for any tips.....

The easiest and fastest and shortest way is no tolls except the Holland Tunnel and Brooklyn batter Tunnel. I78 East to 1-9 North Skyway(cars only(its just before I78 merges with the NJ Turnpike. To the Holland Tunnel. Holland Tunnel take the first exit go straight west to west street and make a left to the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel take the Brooklyn Battery tunnel to the Hamilton Ave exit(its just past the tolls)...Make the first two lefts(making sure NOT to get back into the Tunnel)- follow the signs....

The easiest and fastest and shortest way is no tolls except the Holland Tunnel and Brooklyn batter Tunnel. I78 East to 1-9 North Skyway(cars only(its just before I78 merges with the NJ Turnpike. To the Holland Tunnel. Holland Tunnel take the first exit go straight west to west street and make a left to the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel take the Brooklyn Battery tunnel to the Hamilton Ave exit(its just past the tolls)...Make the first two lefts(making sure NOT to get back into the Tunnel)- follow the signs....

ditto, this is the better route unless you are close to Rt. 80

ditto, this is the better route unless you are close to Rt. 80

The original poster says he is near the Penn turnpike or 278. If he said anything about 80, I would have responded but I don't want to confuse the issue.

Archived