Possible to get a table for 5???

joedog9

Our family of five will be going on our first cruise on the Conquest in July. I see that there are tables for 2, 4, 6 & 8.

If we ask Matre 'D when we board, is it possible that we could be seated by ourselves at a table for five?

sure, you can ask. however, my family of five enjoyed meeting new people on our cruise. you can talk about what you did that day, what excursion you went on, etc. our tablemates didn't eat in the dining room every night, either, so some nights it was just the 5 of us. is there some concern that makes you not want to have others at your table?

Our family of five will be going on our first cruise on the Conquest in July. I see that there are tables for 2, 4, 6 & 8.

If we ask Matre 'D when we board, is it possible that we could be seated by ourselves at a table for five?

Chances are you will get a table for 6 and there would be one empty chair, make sure you have your booking numbers linked if you have more then one. If you find that you are seated at a table for 10 then you can talk to the maitre'd on the first day to try and get it changed.

Fred

sure, you can ask. however, my family of five enjoyed meeting new people on our cruise. you can talk about what you did that day, what excursion you went on, etc. our tablemates didn't eat in the dining room every night, either, so some nights it was just the 5 of us. is there some concern that makes you not want to have others at your table?

It's been quite a while since our family has been away together, and we wanted to have as much time to visit with one another. Our son just graduated from high school and older daughter from college. It'll be the last time for a while before we'll be able to spend a lot of time with the whole family.

We had a table for 5. It was a table for 4 and they squeezed 1 more in. I wasn't very comfortable with the table...but it didn't ruin my cruise. I wish that we would have had a bigger table. We didn't ask for a bigger table because the ship was full.

Hope that helps

Henepup

It shouldn't be a problem. On our last cruise we were a group of 9 and they put us at a 8 top and squeezed in another chair. It was a round table so we had a little elbow room. It just made it a snug fit for all the plates and extras. We still had a great time and it was kind of nice being able to chat with everyone at a round table rather then a long one. We didn't have to ask or anything- it was just handled that way when we showed up at dinner.

Archived