2 price drops in less than a week..........now this??

We are booked (deposit) on the Liberty in November and the price has since dropped twice in 6 days for additional $130 savings. Now I am seeing many price drops primarily for 7 day cruises out of florida. I can change my booking to the triumph and get a 4A for $851 for 2 or take the Glory for $875 or keep what I have.. Lots of choices and the prices on some cruises will keep plummeting as demand this fall is WAY LOW according to my TA. I am also considering the spirit for Alaska 6/11 for the unheard of price of about $1000 with upgrades.

We are booked (deposit) on the Liberty in November and the price has since dropped twice in 6 days for additional $130 savings. Now I am seeing many price drops primarily for 7 day cruises out of florida. I can change my booking to the triumph and get a 4A for $851 for 2 or take the Glory for $875 or keep what I have.. Lots of choices and the prices on some cruises will keep plummeting as demand this fall is WAY LOW according to my TA. I am also considering the spirit for Alaska 6/11 for the unheard of price of about $1000 with upgrades.

I have noticed a few price drops in just a couple of days. I will be looking for that great deal too. They will be coming;)

Please enlighten me on where you look for the price drops?

Does your TA keep you informed or do you do alot of research on the internet? I am always looking for my next cruise and of course, at the lowest rate. thank you.

Say the price of your cruise drops & you get a reduction in the price. Then say it drops again. Can you get another reduction?

Is there a limit to the number of reductions you can get from Carnival?

No limit from Carnival. just depends if you used a TA, since some wont do adjustments.

Price went down 40.00 on my 5 day cruise this September.:) I had to do the work, looking on websites and such for updated prices. I called my Carnival PVP with the information and my price was reduced so now I have an OBC, my cruise was paid in full so a 40.00 per person crdit is OK with me.;)

No limit from Carnival. just depends if you used a TA, since some wont do adjustments.

Thank you. I did book through a TA but she's pretty good so far & HAS mentioned price reductions. I did email her a little while ago but didn't want to wait for her response ... so I posted here!

Please enlighten me on where you look for the price drops?

Does your TA keep you informed or do you do alot of research on the internet? I am always looking for my next cruise and of course, at the lowest rate. thank you.

I check my TAs website (or any site that gives military prices since that is how I book) daily. It takes less than 30 seconds to check the price. When I see a drop I call my TA and lock in the new price since I have not paid in full yet. Not sure if they just lower my final balance or rebook the cruise, all I know is that it does not cost me any extra fees for the changes.

impressive! I'm thinking they are lowering the base price because 1) they are getting extra money from the gas fee 2) due to rising costs of flying ...a cheap cruise is worth flying in for.

I think its just supply and demand, the thing that always triggers price drops and increases.

My Jan cruise has gone up $200+ since I booked it a few months ago.

Price went down 40.00 on my 5 day cruise this September.:) I had to do the work, looking on websites and such for updated prices. I called my Carnival PVP with the information and my price was reduced so now I have an OBC, my cruise was paid in full so a 40.00 per person crdit is OK with me.;)

What ship and date... Our Fascination cruise in Sept. just keeps getting more expensive than we booked a while back !!!

I think that many times people get confused at the rate reduction topic as for those that got a great price when they originally booked, it was probably lower than those that are getting the OBC or rate reductions.... I am happy to see others getting these lower fares, but they probably paid more than others to begin with, that are not seeing their rates lower than originally paid.

I just checked both of my fall cruises...price went up again. Booked on 4/29 and the price has increased on both 3 times!
Same with me. My cruise for October has increased by over $500 for two of us. We booked quite a while ago, was surprised to see what the same cruise is going for now.

What ship and date... Our Fascination cruise in Sept. just keeps getting more expensive than we booked a while back !!!

I think that many times people get confused at the rate reduction topic as for those that got a great price when they originally booked, it was probably lower than those that are getting the OBC or rate reductions.... I am happy to see others getting these lower fares, but they probably paid more than others to begin with, that are not seeing their rates lower than originally paid.

No confusion here. I have not booked yet. Have had my eye on 3 cruises for Dec. 08 since last Dec. and the prices have stayed the same until just a few days ago two have gone down about $20 p/p.

Three different cruislines. Carnival, Princess and NCL. Carnival and Princess dropped..........

I think its great news that the Florida port cruises are dropping and Galveston and gulf ports are going up. My 1A for this Sept is now up $200 per person.

This can only help influence the big wigs at Carnival to move some of the excess ships to the gulf ports where the demand is greater than in Florida. Too much Supply in Florida.

If I booked through a travel website other than Carnival's and the price drop, am I out of luck? If not, who do I contact.. my TA or Carnival?

Thanks!

You have to contact whomever you booked thru. If you booked with a travel site, then you need to contact them and they will call Carnival and probably need to get a supervisor's approval (if you are past final Payment). Hopefully, you have a TA who doesnt mind getting a price drop for you. Its not real popular with TAs because it cuts into their commission.

I am booked for Sept. 27 out of Mobile, AL on Holiday. This ship very rarely has a price reduction so I jumped on it when I saw it. I booked through Carnival.

Other cruises that I have taken in the past that had price drops, if I booked it through a website on line, I call the 1-800 number on the website. If I don't get the price reduction then I won't book through them anymore and I let them know it. I have always gotten the reduction or a perk of a very good upgrade. Upgraded from OVG to balcony cabin midship on Destiny out of San Juan PR. October of 2006. Price reduction was there but the website I used said they couldn't do anything...I made it known that I was not a happy camper. I ended up with the upgrade.

We're booked on the Conquest out of Galveston on Feb. 15 to the Bahamas and Key West...our cruise has gone up almost $200 since we've booked. I guess we can forget about a price drop. I am hoping for some kind of past guest upgrade in the next few months. :rolleyes:

Archived