Connecting rooms on Princess

martodd

Could anyone help me? We have taken a number of cruises with our children 8,11,15 on RCCL, Raddisson, Disney and our favorite Celebrity. We would like to try Princess, but do not see any cabins with adjoining doors on their deck plans. Does anyone know if they have any? It would be a shame to miss out on this line because of that, and what does a family with more than 2 children do? We do not want to split up.

We were just on Princess in March/April. We had a hard time finding adjoining rooms (there just aren't that many). What we did was we got two balcony rooms. The balconies connect, which worked well for us. My daughter and I slept in one room and my husband and son in another. My kids are little though (3 and 7), so I wasn't going to leave them alone in a room, even connected. But with your age kids, you could have a kids' room and a parents' room.

This is the one area that princess lags behind other lines. They don't have very many connecting rooms. If I remember correctly the newer ships have more than the older ones but still not alot. They do have the XS family suites but these are small (as family suites go) and since they are at the front of the ships the balcony is hard to use while the ship is sailing because of the wind.

We have connecting rooms booked on Diamond Princess (E625 and E627)but they are obstructed view. We used connecting rooms on Holland America and found it to be great balance of family space and private space.

• 1 month later...

We had connecting balcony rooms on the Diamond Princess out of LA (they did not have an obstructed view, but I can't recall the cabin numbers) but could not find any Princess ships that cruised the Caribbean that offered this option. We booked with RCCL (Voyager) instead. I even went so far as to write to Princess about the lack of connecting rooms, but they seemed most UNimpressed that they had lost a "sale". I can't imagine it is that expensive to put a door between a few cabins on each ship. Perhaps our needs are not as common as I thought.

Archived