what can i expect on my first cruise

tampaboy26

im 26 m and im going on my first cruise (june 7 port canaveral, glory) with one of my buds.

what can i expect? do you meet alot of people on the cruiseline? are there social events? will the boar be crowded everywhere? people my age range?

You might consider staying at a hotel like the Radisson the night before, enjoy the pool and relax and watch the ship come in the next morning. No matter which room you book, you will get free cruise parking and a free shuttle to the ship and back to your car. I checked out all the hotels and very few have free shuttles or you have to book their cruise special, thats why the Radisson in Port Canaveral.

parking at the port will cost you almost as much as staying there if you do the online hot rate.

:eek: you want us to tell you everything and ruin it for ya?:eek: I will tell you this......... What happens on the ship stays on the ship:p

Ok seriously, how many people you meet all depends on how outgoing you are, because there's a ship full and most of us are friendly. It's amazing how you can walk past someone on a city street and barely pay attention and not even speak, yet when you're on a ship, everyone says hello, people walking down the hall you've never seen before are saying have a great time!, or just pick up a conversation with you. I was in an elevator on Elation, and this little boy I guess around 10 gets on, as the elevator starts he says, so, where are you from? We talked until we got off the elevator, he was so sweet. Sometimes the ship will seem crowded, especially when coming back from a port, but not always, it depends on which ship you're going on. There are lots of people all ages, and always something to do somewhere, you're gonna love it. Boredom is not an option.............and if you're hungry, it's your fault, there's food everywhere :p

Easy answers yes,yes,yes and yes.:) You should have a great time.:D I see you live in Tampa. I use to work down there for quite a while.:D

im 26 m and im going on my first cruise (june 7 port canaveral, glory) with one of my buds.

what can i expect? do you meet alot of people on the cruiseline? are there social events? will the boar be crowded everywhere? people my age range?

You might consider staying at a hotel like the Radisson the night before, enjoy the pool and relax and watch the ship come in the next morning. No matter which room you book, you will get free cruise parking and a free shuttle to the ship and back to your car. I checked out all the hotels and very few have free shuttles or you have to book their cruise special, thats why the Radisson in Port Canaveral.

parking at the port will cost you almost as much as staying there if you do the online hot rate.

we are staying at my friends uncles house near the port. his uncle lives 10 mins from port canaveral. iam wondering if itll be cheaper to take a cab to the port than to park at the pier? im get around in a scooter since im physically handicap, so getting a can might more difficult.

i am pretty social so i dont think meeting people will be a problem!

we are staying at my friends uncles house near the port. his uncle lives 10 mins from port canaveral. iam wondering if itll be cheaper to take a cab to the port than to park at the pier? more difficult.

The parking at the Port is $15 daily, so either have the uncle take you and pick you up, take a cab, or check with one of the local shuttle companies. Have a great cruise. Been on the Glory 3 times and just love that ship.:D

go to the forum main page, scroll down until you see roll call section, click on roll call for carnival, then click on your ship and scroll through until you find your cruise date. Click on that and there will be people there who will be on your cruise. Have fun!!

Lot's of fun and great memories

Archived