St Thomas - What's best?

Scarlettlab

We will be on an eastern caribbean cruise with a stop in St Thomas. Should we book cruises through the ship or direct on the island? What would be a good cruise for a family with two daughters (10 and 12)? We would like to see the island but nothing too strenuous. Thanks.

Some excursions are offered primarily through the ship, so it's not that easy to book them onland once you're here.

Most first timers opt for an island tour that's offered by most of the taxi drivers that are lined up at the dock or taxi dispatch area. They take you to town for shopping, to scenic areas (Mountain Top and others), and then drop you off at a beach for a few hours, and then return. You can read the many reviews for the ones most often recommended on this board (they'll probably be recommending them shortly after my post!)

If you want to do something totally different, you can visit the African Caribbean Drum Center and learn about drums from around the world, and take a basic lesson. Or it might be possible for you to do this in addition to beach. I think this type of activity is only offered in St Thomas.

A big hit with kids and adults alike is Coral World at Coki Beach or just snorkeling at Coki

I recommend Godfrey of Godfrey Tours www.godfreytoursvi.com

Check out his website and see if anything interests you. We took a tour with him last April and really enjoyed it. You can go shopping anywhere from 1- 3hrs, have a tour of the island and still have atleast 2 hrs of beach time in there too. Your choice of beach of course.

There's also tours with Sunny Liston http://www.sunnylistontours.com I also recommend him as well.

I would not recommend using the ships excursion for any of these types of tours. I always find that you don't get nearly enough time as you do when booked independently.

Whatever your decide ..I wish you & your family a wondeful vacation!.

A big hit with kids and adults alike is Coral World at Coki Beach or just snorkeling at Coki

I recommend Godfrey of Godfrey Tours www.godfreytoursvi.com

Check out his website and see if anything interests you. We took a tour with him last April and really enjoyed it. You can go shopping anywhere from 1- 3hrs, have a tour of the island and still have atleast 2 hrs of beach time in there too. Your choice of beach of course.

There's also tours with Sunny Liston www.sunnylistontours.com I also recommend him as well.

I would not recommend using the ships excursion for any of these types of tours. I always find that you don't get nearly enough time as you do when booked independently.

Whatever your decide ..I wish you & your family a wondeful vacation!.

Thanks, I have noticed these websites come up a lot with great reviews.

Archived