POM to MIA.......

sanditoes4

IF- I were to book a flight at 10:17am would I be able to make it? I am reading in a few places that it is a 15 min drive, is this correct?

I would be coming off carnival on a saturday, I believe we disembark at 7am? Maybe 8am? Is this possible? I really don't want to sit around until after 1pm, I know more flights will open if I hold out for a bit, but incase nothing better shows up, would this work?

Thanks for the help,

You would certainly beat the cruise crowds IF you did make it. You'd have to arrange for self disembarkation, carry your own bags etc and be one of the first off the ship. It's doable but too many variables that aren't in your favor. If I were to bet, it would be to say your not going to make it. But then again ,,,,,,,,

Before I get blasted by locals who will say otherwise, I'm simply stating my opinion as someone who's flown out of MIA after a cruise quite a few times. Bequia knows the ropes better than anyone down there, so I am totally on board with what they are saying.

That's too risky for this guy. 10:17... that would lead me to stressing out over things the night before debarkation that I know are not in my control. 11AM, yeah, but I would still be stressing. 11:30 is my "happy place". Anytime after that and I feel good about it.

Things would need to fall in your favor. 15 minutes for the ride to the airport is correct, however I have sat in a cab at the airport waiting to get up to where they could drop me off for the airline than the actual driving from the port itself. Then there's the matter of checking in and clearing security at the airport, which some days are good and some days are bad. Seeing that you are from Owatonna, I am assuming you may be flying NWA, which utilizes a less congested security area at MIA as compared to AA (we're from Sioux City... have flown NWA back home via MSP a couple times... not nearly as much of a madhouse in that part of the MIA airport as compared to the AA gates). Still, way to many variables...

Joe

IF- I were to book a flight at 10:17am would I be able to make it? I am reading in a few places that it is a 15 min drive, is this correct?

I would be coming off carnival on a saturday, I believe we disembark at 7am? Maybe 8am? Is this possible? I really don't want to sit around until after 1pm, I know more flights will open if I hold out for a bit, but incase nothing better shows up, would this work?

Thanks for the help,

Take a later flight. You are going to be rushed and worried the whole morning. It's much easier to just relax in the morning , have as late a breakfast as you can, sign up to be in the last group to leave the ship. Your bags will be easy to find, you won't have to wait in huge lines for anything. Just watch the stress on the "rushers" faces and be grateful you don't have that worry. It's much nicer to stay in a relaxed mode, rather than getting back to reality so rudely.;)

I have to admit I kind of knew the answer to my own question, but I needed to hear from outsiders!! I will keep looking, I am sure more flights will open by the end of the summer?

Thanks everyone!!

Joe: normally I would take NWA, but some other options have presented themselves and I am actually looking at Air Tran.....hooking up with my girl cruisers in PA and with layovers in ATL thought I might try to catch up with my cousin there?? As flights open and close and of course the end result with $$$$$$ I will see which airline serves me best!!!!:)

Need air for 6 from Detroit to Mia or Fll and today booked oneway to FLL at a great price. Not sure how we are going to get home, lol guess I will continue to watch fares, not cruising until Oct.... Found my bargin on Air Tran.....

Agreed----Air Tran has had some amazing deals......I wish I had the extra cash ready to book, I'd do it today, except I can't find a decent return time?Grrrrr, they gottch'ya and they know it!!

My friend from PA got her flights Air Tran each way to MIA and back for $64=$128 flight.....how can you wait past that???

Archived