Dooney and Bourke Store?

Desertbelle

you will probably need to take a cab if you are going from the docks. You will be able to see all the tents, but it is a long, not so safe walk from the docks. If you tender the tenders drop you right at Main Street and you can easily walk to them from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Another lover of the D&B line!! I have been to the Southern Caribbean many times and wish I could find more than just one store. The only store I've ever found was in Old San Juan. I spent lots of money at this one, I've lucked out that each time we leave from there I've found great deals!! There are alot of knock off stands in St. Thomas, some in Old San Juan. The price to get to town in St. Thomas is about $3.50/person as of 3/03. The walk is about 2.5 miles my girlfriend and I walked it back it 1990, but I would not walk it again. Hope this is of help and if you have any other questions just ask, I hope I'll be able to answer! I was on the Dawn twice and loved it the food was great, service great also! We have changed lines, 11 night cruise with Royal Caribbean hope we enjoy it as much as we enjoyed Princess!

• 4 weeks later...

My daughter purchased a "Kate Spade" from a St Thomas vendor at the market, if I recall correctly she paid $15-20. For a knock off it was well made, the Kate Spade tag was actually sewn on instead of glued.

Has anyone found a good place to shop for Coach?

If you are looking for real Coach. Little Switzerland is the place to buy them. It is an authorized Coach store and is all real merchandise. They will give you free drinks when you make a purchase. They have a bar upstairs. The store is a block or two off Main Street, not hard to find.

Do the tent vendors have well made LV's? I know there are different qualities being produced for the knock off markets. I went on the web to see pricing and the range was pretty wide, from $39.00 to $250.00. The high-end products came with locks, keys, dust covers, and an LV bag. I see fake Dooneys many times at tag sales/thrift stores that are all cracked, so I guess we have to be careful as to pricing....I know you get what you pay for, but I will be willing to pay a little more for a better quality.

My grandaughters all want one of the well made LV's, and I have a list of their "criteria". Now for the search. We will also be in Cozumel where there are some vendors.

Yes the San Juan DB store sells the real thing. When we were there they had specific purses on sale, I understood from the sales person, it varies which ones they discount. I suggest that you shop around and jot down your local prices or quickly e-mail DB for a catalog to take along.

TheWog, thanks for the info on Coach. Did you find the prices better then in the States?

Regarding LV at the vendor market, when we were there I did not see any LV. My daughter purchased a knock off purse and billfold in Michigan and the quality just wasn't worth what she paid. I guess if I were going to pay $200 for a knockoff, I'd just go with a real Coach instead.

I think my wife said the prices were comparable to other Coach stores in the States and we found out the reason being to be authorized you have to abide by the pricing structure. They did do some freebie stuff for us, key chains, drinks, small stuff like that. But now she can say it came from St. Thomas though.

Archived