Mountain Dew Dilemma

JessiMommy

DH has a Mountain Dew addiction. :rolleyes: I'm assuming Carnival serves Coke products? Anyone know for sure? Even if they do serve Pepsi, Mountain Dew may still not be an option. Can DH bring his own Dew?

I feel his pain.

We always bring a 12 pack or two of Dr Pepper for DD. I like Diet Mountain Dew on tap so I am out of luck and forced to substitute Heineken.

Here's DD guarding my cleverly gift wrapped case of Heineken, a "present for the captain" if anyone were to ask

The_gift_beer.jpg

I feel his pain.

Here's DD guarding my cleverly gift wrapped case of Heineken, a "present for the captain" if anyone were to ask

LOL! Love it! So I guess it's safe for me to stash some Dew in a cooler or suitcase to be checked. Thanks so much!

My SIL loves Mtn Dew also. On our last cruise on the Legend out of NY My husband carried on 2 2 liters and my SIL carried on 2 2 liters. When it went through the x-ray machine we had to show them that it was indeed soda and we were able to bring it on board. I was a little nervous about the amount because I had called Carnival and asked them how much I could take on board and their reply was " a reasonable amount for comsumption during the cruise". So I guess 4 2 liters is a reasonable amount for 8 days. BTW he ran out and we are going to attempt 3 liter bottles next year.

Yep, no reason to "smuggle" soft drinks on. Carnival does allow a reasonable amount. I take a 6-pk. of the 20-oz. bottled Cokes in my checked luggage (in an insulated cooler bag). Your dh will be able to Do the Dew.:)

Chris - cute pic!

You can also take along a few and then buy more on the islands. That way, you don't have to lug it all onboard at once. Some say it taste different but I would rather have a Diet Pepsi with a little different taste than a Diet Coke. I never noticed any difference. I bought some in Grand Cayman and when returning to the ship, just sat it on the belt and the guy told me to just carry it on.

I figure there is stength in numbers responding here, so I'll add my bit to this. No need to "smuggle" , as Carnival does allow it. We packed a 12 pack of rootbeer and a 12 pack of bottled water in our luggage when going on the Elation this summer---had no problems at all. I additionally packed 2 bottles of wine in lots of bubblewrap & double layers of ziplocks and also had no problems with these. These were all in our checked luggage. (there were 6 of us going, so I think this was still within the "reasonable" amount! :D )

And we found the only pop on board to be Coke, Diet Coke, and Sprite. Very limited choices. I like the idea from the poster above me~~~carry on some, then pick some up on the islands as you use up what you brought onboard. I would bet it's easy to find and reasonably priced (though I've never tried this)

I feel his pain.

Chris> That's brilliant! I didn't realize that Carnival had a soda 'allowance' so in the past I have put 2 liters in my suitcase and on the trip in August, we both took six-packs of 24 oz. bottles with us in the suitcase. DW must start her morning out with a Diet Dr. Pepper, and I with Diet Mt. Dew. Neither of us drink coffee so we have to have our a.m. caffeine that way (until they come up with a DDP or DMD IV drip to cut out the middleman!) :eek:

Sounds like you'll be fine, JessiMommy. I'm heading out on the Sensation in 2 wks with the S&S group. Won't bother to 'bury' it this time...

Archived