Getting to the cruise in Whittier

dbhome

I know this is going to sound stupid, I was only at the Whittier cruise terminal once and Carnival handled everything for me.

Is the PWS tour close to where we board the ship? I guess what I am trying to find out is once you get back from the tour how are you getting your luggage to the ship.

There are several shops next to the where you board your ship that sell tickets to the PWS tour. We walked into the first one and they called PWS and they had a van pick us up and take us to their dock. It is not far to walk, but too far to carry luggage. They kept our luggage locked in the van all day, then after the tour, they gave us and our luggage a ride back to the ship. They also offered to take our luggage to the ship for us while we were on the PWS tour, but we had not tagged them yet, so we just waited.

Help! I was checking prices to ride the train to Whittier from Anchorage on the day of our cruise. I believe it said "No checked baggage." Anyone know if that is true. If so, where do you put your bags? Overhead?

This would be our only opportunity to ride the ARR.

Thanks,

Terri

Help! I was checking prices to ride the train to Whittier from Anchorage on the day of our cruise. I believe it said "No checked baggage." Anyone know if that is true. If so, where do you put your bags? Overhead?

This would be our only opportunity to ride the ARR.

Thanks,

Terri

Don't know where you got that info. From the AKRR website:

The Alaska Railroad offers checked baggage service on all Alaska Railroad Passenger Trains. For your safety and the safety of others, only one carry-on is allowed per person. Carry-on bags may not exceed 15" x 14" x 6". Please remember to carry on medications, cameras or other items that you will need during your train ride.

Each ticketed passenger may check two (2) pieces of luggage (Winter Aurora Train four (4) pieces of luggage). Checked luggage weight is limited to 50 lbs. The special handling fee for bikes, excess, oversized, and overweight bags is $20.00 for all passenger trains.

Archived