Hubby called about Fuel Surcharge Refund. Told "go to purser's desk." Is that right?

Pomcoach

We bought our Carnival Triumph Cruise tickets for 5 people before Nov. 7th, 2007. But we have not seen the Fuel Surcharge Refund show up. Yesterday my husband called Carnival and they told him to just go to the Purser's desk when we board the ship on June 8th. Then they will refund our money onto our Sign & Sail card. Is that the way it works? Anybody know? I thought I'd read it differently on here from other people.

Thanks,

Pomcoach

Ours was on our S&S account when we boarded the ship and checked. I have a B2B scheduled 8/30 & 9/6 and that refund is suppose to go back to my credit card that I used to pay for the cruise but I haven't seen it yet.

We bought our Carnival Triumph Cruise tickets for 5 people before Nov. 7th, 2007. But we have not seen the Fuel Surcharge Refund show up. Yesterday my husband called Carnival and they told him to just go to the Purser's desk when we board the ship on June 8th. Then they will refund our money onto our Sign & Sail card. Is that the way it works? Anybody know? I thought I'd read it differently on here from other people.

Thanks,

Pomcoach

I would call Carnival again until you talk to someone who can have is assigned as OBC. But, if you keep getting the same answer, take your documentation with you to show that you paid the fuel surcharge and also a copy of the letter sent out by Carnival. The two together should be able to get you the OBC on the ship. Remember the letter from Carnival as everyone is paying fuel surcharge now and just because it shows on your documentation doesn't mean you booked before November 7. Always have documentation to back up your documentation. Makes everything much easier. Good Luck!!!!

I dont know why they would say it would be refunded to your S&S card. You should already be able to view OBC or someone at Carnival should be able to verifity it. imo. They wouldnt tell everyone to go to the purser's desk. How would the purser's desk be able to know you were due the money or when you booked?

This reply doesnt really make sense to me.

I dont know why they would say it would be refunded to your S&S card. You should already be able to view OBC or someone at Carnival should be able to verifity it. imo. They wouldnt tell everyone to go to the purser's desk. How would the purser's desk be able to know you were due the money or when you booked?

This reply doesnt really make sense to me.

I'm with you Fly. Someone in my office is leaving on the Spirit on Wednesday. Because she made changes to her reservation (paid for an upgrade that was offered to her by Carnival) I advised her to contact Carnival BEFORE she leaves town to confirm that her OBC for the fuel surcharge is still in place. There is absolutely nothing the purser's desk will do for you onboard if it isn't there except to tell you to contact customer service after you get home.

I would keep calling until you get someone to look at your onboard account and confirm that your OBC is there.

Thank you for all the advice! I will tell hubby to call again, and if needed, we will take documentation to support our other documents!

It sounded fishy to me too.

We also have an onboard credit from our cabin getting flooded on our last cruise. They are also telling us that we have to go to the purser's desk for that too. But then again, they have been saying that since the cabin flooded, so we are pretty sure that's the only way to get that obc.

Hope it all works out,

Pomcoach

Thanks,

Pomcoach

Did just that..My TA wasnt having much luck after notice in April..told a pruser at Welcome party, and by end my $25 was on my bill as a refund..just ask someone in white. it worked for me good luck..and Bon voyage..lucky

Archived