NON-SMOKERS: What are your plans?

Susan-M

NON SMOKERS ...what are your plans?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. NON SMOKERS ...what are your plans?

• I will only choose a cruise line that prohibits smoking in cabins and on balconies
    • I will not take smoking policies into consideration as smoke doesn't bother me.
    • My traveling companion smokes and will not agree to cruise on smoking-restrictive lines.
    • My traveling companion smokes, but has agreed to cruise on smoking-restrictive lines.
    • Undecided .... I have to give it some more thought.
    • Other...please indicate below.

I picked "other" because to be acceptable to me, there would have to be substantial restrictions to ON DECK smoking (in addition to cabins and balconies). Meanwhile, I would have no objection to a cruise line designating certain cabins, balconies and deck areas as "smoking" provided that there is adequate physical separation from non-smoking cabins and areas.

My "plans" are to wait and see what other major cruise lines do on this issue. Accordingly, I probably won't book another cruise until next year.

Since a couple of comments have been made about how 'meaningless and unscientific' my 'smoking polls are', I thought I would explain my reason for posting them.

Recently a number of threads on the topic of smoking have started, usually with a question about what CC members will do...stay with Celebrity, or go elsewhere. One hundred posts later, and most of them having very little to do with the original question, a person reading these threads has no idea what the answers are to the original question.

Although my poll questions were formulated somewhat quickly, without a team of experts to assist me, I think it gives a quick, general idea of what the thoughts and plans are of the participating CC members. Meaningless...maybe, unscientific...definitely. Do you have to read and/or participate...no.:)

Just to add, I do not take these comments personally as I understand that the change to Celebrity's smoking policy is not an easy one for smokers who enjoy Celebrity and have been loyal clients.

For me the smoking restrictions are a big positive but I wouldn't rule out the other lines.None of the choices were quite right for me.I wouldn't say that smoke doesn't bother me.I feel its just a matter of time before other lines follow suit...................Frank:)

Although at one time I was, I am no longer nicotine addicted. I can understand the point of view of those who just have to be able to light up in their cabin, but I much prefer not having to go into a cabin where the drapes and soft furnishings are filled with the odor of someone elses smoke. And, living in CA, I enjoy not having to be subjected to other's second hand smoke. So I am delighted to see more and more cruise lines severely limit smoking areas.:)

Archived