port/starboard balcony on POA

karen of PA

If you have a balcony cabin, you want to be on the port side so you can be on your balcony when you cruise by the Napali Coast (I learned that from these boards!) :p Last time, we had a starboard balcony and we all had to crowd up on the aft deck when we went by the Coast. This time, we're going to be on port side so we can sip our wine and enjoy the Coast all to ourselves!:D

Had a balcony on Deck 10 Starboard side and loved it. Would prefer it to a port side cabin.

Coming in to Hilo 1st day Starboard had a great view of the coast. Loved sitting there in the early morning drinking coffee and watching the coast go by. While in port didn't matter.

Port in Maui I thought Starboard had a great view of the mountains, city, and bay. Watched some races in the bay there where each boat had about 8 rowers.

Kona - Port faces the coast, starboard out to sea. Tender in Kona

Kauai - I thought starboard had the best view of the bay and mountains.

Lava viewing (if availiable) either side. Best is up on deck as the ship turns with port last.

Napali Coast - port side. Although had resevations in the Italian Restaurant with a window seat to watch as the ship did the Napali coast.

Archived