Zip Lining

debster818

We did this excursion 2 years ago. Had a great time. Our ages were from 9 years old to 40 somethings. It is not like ziplining in Costa Rica. They are not as long or as high. In between ziplines, you are traversing between trees by walking on high wires and rope loops, etc. So it can be a little physical. Guides were great with my 9 year old. Can't see kids much younger doing this. Guides also made sure you were always locked in for safety. We rented a car near the pier and drove over. Got there very early as we got off the boat as soon as we could. We knew we had to beat the RC excursion. We sailed on Carnival who didn't have this excursion at the time. We never made reservations as when I called Lotterie Farms, they just told us to get their as early as we could and they might be able to take us. I would definitely call before you go. I don't think there's any other ziplining on this island or St. Thomas. After we ziplined, we drove to Orient beach and went parasailing before completing our around the island trip back to the pier. One of our most memorable days on any cruise!

How much does car rental cost? How far is the place from the pier? Is there any other means of transportation to get there? Not sure if I want to take my chances to see if they can take us on our day. How do I know if other cruise lines are going to be at port on that day?

If I remember correctly, we got off a little after 8:00. We walked out of the pier towards the road. Down and across the road was the car rental agency. I don't remember the name of it. We rented jeeps for the day, about $89. I got all the information from the ports of call site for St. Martin as well as general island sites. I'm sure a taxi would take you there.

When we got to Loterie Farms, we were the only ones there, probably close to 9:00. The staff told us to hurry so that they could get us started before the RCCL tour came. So we didn't bother doing the practice run, which was low on the ground - it's just practice with hooking on and off.

So yes we did beat them as their boat came in 1 hour after ours.

I don't know if things have changed since we've been there 2 years ago. When I called back then, they didn't say that RCL booked the whole day. They told us we could do the excursion if we got there before RCL.

Good Luck

You guys were lucky. We are afraid that if we do that, they still won't take us and we would of payed and traveled there for nothing. I contacted them and asked if we could "beat" the RCL and they said they don't even open until 9:00 and this was not a good idea. They said that the booking will not be accepted, but that is throught a tour company. Perhaps we should just do our second choice and rent ATV's and after that call to Loterie and see if they have openings. If not, we will just go to a beach and hang. With the ATV's we stop at Orient Beach. Did you go there or did you go to Megans? Which one is closer to the port? Thanks for you help

Well, that's too bad. Sounds like things have changed. The ATV's sound fun, though.

We did go to Orient beach. Beautiful. We parasailed there. Many people from cruises go to this beach. Part of it is nude.

Megan's Bay is on St. Thomas. Gorgeous beach too, no motorized sports there.

Archived