Car Service Transfer Civitavecchia to Florence

Hello All:

I will be on the Noordam 9/14 sailing arriving in Civitavecchia on 9/24. We are planning to go to Florence for two nights after the cruise and have researched the train lines and are well aware of that option.

More than likely we will take the train, but I was wondering if anyone has any idea on the cost of a straight transfer with no stops for touring?

I have searched the message board and the internet and cannot seem to find that service.

Thanks,

Matt

There are a lot of links on this board re car services and I am sure one of them (or all) would be more than happy to take your directly to Florence from the the Civi port..just email them and ask for the rates.I am going to guess about 200 euro give or take a few as it would be a hour and a halkf from Rome by train and possible closer from the port.Just a guess on my part.

Hello All:

In case anyone was watching this thread or for future info.

I was quoted at 420 Euros and 450 Euros by two of the companies mentioned on this board.

We will be on the train.

Matt

I was afraid that is what you were going to find. My goodness, they want 120 EURO from Rome to Civitavecchia. Florence is quite a bit farther than Rome. And they probably aren't just going to do the transfer, but it would include some time for touring as well, with the price of fuel they aren't going to take that kind of a trip (most I looked at said 8 hours).

I think you'll have fun on the train. I'll be in Rome 3 days, and I'm planning a train trip to Assisi. While the train ride is only about 1 1/2 hours x 2, that's 3 hours. Then a 2-3 hours there, it's going to take most of the day for the trip. While distances aren't that far apart, it does still take time to get from point A to point B.

Have a great trip!

Archived