new years cruise

mrose1120

Hey all,

I'm looking at a cruise with my girl and another couple for new years(leaving from Miami on 12/28). We are finding Royal Caribbean the most expensive, followed by Norwegian, then Carnival. We like the RC and the NCL most cause they have 4 stops each.

Anyway, I understand that booking on this week will be more expensive than others, but I'm still looking for the best possible deal of course.

Any recommendations on this??? Thanks in advance!

That week is always filled with families and will cost more. Plus, if you are flying, those tickets generally will be high. Hotel pre or post? Guess what? High. IF by chance the rates would drop, you probably could get the credit. But if the demand for your ship/itinerary is high, forget it.

RC doesn't budge off the given price. However you MIGHT find an agent who will give you some kind of on ship credit. Probably a large internet TA. We can't rec agents on CC, but you can google some and see what you can come up with.

Carnival is generally the least expensive all the time. And their ships are built for fun kids' activities. Therefore more kids. But maybe you don't mind.

Have you looked at Princess or Celebrity? More money, but nice.

......Anyway, I understand that booking on this week will be more expensive than others, but I'm still looking for the best possible deal of course.

Any recommendations on this??? Thanks in advance!

You probably wouldn't find a deal.... especially if it is leaving a US port. That is probably the most popular week as families are off, it is a holiday, it is time to party.......

So my advice is pick one you can afford .... and get your money down if you really want to go. ;)

We're cruising 12/27/08 on the Carnival Glory out of Port Canaveral & it also calls at 4 ports...Cozumel, Belize, CostaMaya & Nassau. This will be our 3rd New Year's Eve cruise and I can tell you it's a blast. This is also our 3rd Glory cruise and she's a wonderful ship! Go for it. It's a little more pricey than other weeks cruising, but well worth it IMHO.

Thanks for all the responses

How far is Cape Canaveral from Miami? My GF will be there for x-mas so that would be something we'd have to do to consider leaving from another port.

I think we'll end up just booking in the next few days ..but i'm already looking forward to a new years cruise!

My daughter (then 14) and I cruised for New Years last year and really enjoyed it! Having only cruised during spring breaks which also had tons of families, it seemed like there were slightly more couples than families with kids -- although still plenty of kids.

We were on Princess which I really like but if we're doing it again this year, went for the lowest priced this year. That was Carnival's Liberty out of Miami. Princess would be $700 more this year. I check the Glory and it was a little more $. I liked Liberty's schedule in that New Years day was a sea day and in general, we both enjoy sea days.

It's still much more expensive than last year and am hoping to see a price drop maybe toward the middle of summer. That said, if I can't find airfare I can live with, may cancel everything.

Carnival definately has a younger crowd than Princess. Average age of adults may be mid 30s. Princess average adult more like mid 40s. Princess I think does a better job of controlling kids and teens so am a little leary of doing Carnival at New Years but it will be fun no matter what.

How far is Cape Canaveral from Miami? My GF will be there for x-mas so that would be something we'd have to do to consider leaving from another port.

I think we'll end up just booking in the next few days ..but i'm already looking forward to a new years cruise!

We decided the week before to go on the new years cruise Dec 30, 2007 .We were just lucky and we had a great deal (steal) We plan on doing the same this year... if we don't get a deal ...Oh well, no cruising !! Just wait for the summer to cruise.:)

We decided the week before to go on the new years cruise Dec 30, 2007 .We were just lucky and we had a great deal (steal) We plan on doing the same this year... if we don't get a deal ...Oh well, no cruising !! Just wait for the summer to cruise.:)

ah I wish we could do that. Since we all have vacation time we HAVE to use, and we need to do airfare and all, we are just gonna end up booking. We don't wanna end up losing the vacation time or taking a lame vacation.

I have no idea...I'm from NY...you'll have to google it. I think you're smart to book early. Holiday cruises often sell out.

Archived