more clothing questions...

sunkentreasure

sailing the meditteranean on galaxy june 9th for ten(?) days with my family. all first time cruisers, and wondering what the heck to pack. i'm only taking one bag and am fine not being able to eat in the main dining room once or twice, but i don't know what to bring.

renting tux for formal nights, and am planning on bringing a casually dressy pair of brown loafers and brown/khaki pants to match for informal nights. is that not dressy enough? one, maybe two dress shirts, but definitely no jacket 'cause we're doing another ten days after the cruise and don't want to be bogged down. i have no problem repeating the same outfits, so my question is this: are polo shirts dressy enough for formal nights. from reading the boards i'm well aware that i'd be the under-dressed guy in the room, but i don't really care. maybe that's arrogant or disrespectful to the folks who do enjoy getting dolled up, but bringing too many dressy clothes that i'll only wear once (in three weeks) seems like a waste of (precious) space.

thoughts?

We are bringing everything we usually bring on a long cruise.

Full tuxedo, and a dinner jacket to mix things up a bit, navy blazer with khakis white shirt and tie for informal, and linen pants with some short sleeve shirts for casual.

We will also be gone for about 3 weeks with a pre-stay in Rome and a post stay in Munich.

We each pack check 1 suitcase, check 1 small duffle between us with our toiletries, and carry on a small bag.

It may sound like a lot, but it really isn't and we are never over the weight limits. We just utilize the ships laundry service a couple of times during our trips for the things we rewear daily like t shirts, shorts and underwear.

Just over two weeks to go!

Dave:eek:

I used to hate dragging my one formal suit around to wear one night on a cruise....but then I thought better of it because my wife really likes formal nights. I will gladly 'sacrifice' to make my wife happier on our cruise......and she looks great in formal wear.

Tom

..renting tux for formal nights..

planning on bringing... maybe two dress shirts..

....my question is this: are polo shirts dressy enough for formal nights.

Since you mention renting a tux, I wondered if you meant that you wanted to bring polo shirts for informal nights?

We travel with one 25" expandable suitcase each and a carry-on each and can fit in what we need to follow the dress codes.

But, we have sat with people who don't dress as per guidelines and they are not alone in dressing this way, so you may not stand out as the "under-dressed guy".

As for your question, I would try to fit in the dressy shirt(s) for informal and polos for casual.

Archived