leaving same-day from LAX to Whittier?

buttah75

• 3 weeks later...

update: we got the 8am direct flight from LAX to ANC, arrives at 12:17 for a 9:30pm cruise. Princess had already given us the perfect non-stop return from Vancouver. So $559+50. Not too bad.

I kept looking at non-cruise air right up to the last minute to cancel, and it never got close to that for non-stop. (Nor could I get mileage flight routing that was acceptable to us - too last minute/live and learn.)

And yes, we have the Gold (now called Platinum) insurance.

So I'm happy. Thanks for all your input.

buttaah75, did they book you on AS? If so, and you want AA miles, give the gate agent your AAdvantge # when you check in. Even if it is bulk air you may still get your miles. Be sure to keep your boarding pass stubs. I did this last year and got AA miles for a trip booked by Princess on Air Tahiti Nui.

Dang. A few weeks ago, I registered on the AS site to see my reservations (which I did, and will be able to print boarding passes the day before), but it attached the new AS mileage plan to the reservation. I was able just now to put my husband's AA mileage number on his half of the reservation, but I can't seem to change mine.

I guess I'll have to wait until I see a gate agent. My OCD makes me want to fix it now!

Archived