recommendations for Baltic cruises

I'm looking for any recommendations for a Baltic cruise in July of 2009. I cruised the Med in 07 on Holland America's Westerdam and had a fantastic time. Not opposed to another HA cruise, just curious what else is out there. I'd like to maybe visit some "alternative" ports, like Riga or Gadansk. Any advice people can provide would be great.

I'm looking for any recommendations for a Baltic cruise in July of 2009. I cruised the Med in 07 on Holland America's Westerdam and had a fantastic time. Not opposed to another HA cruise, just curious what else is out there. I'd like to maybe visit some "alternative" ports, like Riga or Gadansk. Any advice people can provide would be great.

Joe,

Everyone has their favorites...

I've cruised Europe on Celebrity, Princess and Oceania...

I wasn't thrilled with my Princess cruise of the Baltics...but love the Celebrity Constellation...So, I'm taking them again in July to the Baltic--a cruise which does hit Riga and Gdansk...

Oceania does a good job, including 3-day visits to St. Petersburg...but is a bit pricey...Azamara (run by Celebrity) has sister ships to the Oceania ships and runs a similar product...

If you want more of a big, fun ship experience, you might want to look at Royal Caribbean...

But, the first place I'd look would be Celebrity--for the best value, food and service and least crowded ships...

Oceania and Azamara are worth a look for the unique itineraries and small ships...

Something different for everybody...

gdansk is really interesting and also the catsles of knives near ther e is interesting. riga is wonderful and a must see if u are fond of of cinema: is the city of sergei eizenstein and his father was as an architect that built a lot of palaces in jugendstil ( if it's spelle corrrectly) that is art nouveau

Archived